We all fall down...

Sophie felt lost and alone during the wake, even with so many people around. She felt frustrated at the people who were smiling, or laughing at a story about Richard; how could they be happy when her father was dead, but she was even more frustrated with those who were sad, in her mind they didn't have the right.

Of course this was just an excuse, but she did not want to be mad at her father for dying, nor could she face the anger she felt at God for taking him from her.

Benedict kept busy, helping his mother restock the food or the drinks. He had felt so useless ever since the funeral; Sophie had been very sad and had not responded when Benedict had tried to comfort her.

In her frustration, Sophie had pushed Ben away, which did not make her feel any better. She could barely look anyone in the eye, not her friends, not her mother and not Ben. Even though she needed his comfort, she could not bring herself to ask for it, and instead she pushed everyone away.

An hour after they came home from the church, Sophie left the guests and ran to her room; Benedict followed her and tried once more to get through.

"Come on, Sophie, let me in." He said through her locked door.

"Go away!" was the only response he received, though he tried talking to her a few more minutes before he went back to the wake.

Sophie didn't come out until after the last guest had left. She had spent the entire time clutching Mr. Snuggles to her chest and burying her face in her pillow, soaking it with her tears.

Her tears had run out yet her crying had continued. Twisting and turning on her bed, guilt began to creep in at having yelled at Ben, especially since he was only trying to help her; comfort her. That thought brought her back to Christmas where he had given her back her Mr. Snuggles and a few more tears came out.

She unclutched her teddy bear from her grasp and looked at it, with the new patch where the hole had been, and with now two eyes looking back at her. And then there was the note; she turned it so she could read it again.

Don't cry, you know there is nothing so bad that it can't be fixed,

See, I fixed Mr. Snuggles, now he is ready to protect you from scary things again.

This made the cup run over, and her frustration turned to anger; she got out of bed and stormed down the stairs where she found her family and Benedict's family sitting in the living room.

All of them were stunned when Sophie came bursting in, screaming.

"I hate you! It's just a lie! It was all a lie!!! Dad lied!" She threw the teddy bear in her hand at Benedict. Mr. Snuggles hit Benedict's chest and fell onto the floor at his feet.

As Sophie made her way out the back door running quickly as she cupped her face in her hands sobbing loudly.

Sophie was just out the door when the shock in her family began to wear off. Almost all of them wanted to follow Sophie, but Benedict quickly convinced them that he should go alone. He picked up the stuffed bear from the floor and went after Sophie.

He found her standing by the tree in the garden that held their old treehouse.

"Sophie, are you okay?"

Sophie was still angry.

"Of course not! How can I be okay when my dad's dead ?! You lied to me. Both of you." She yelled and added, "I hate you, and that fucking bear!"

It was rare for Sophie to swear, so Benedict was stunned again; he did not understand what she meant until Sophie continued, this time more pleading than yelling.