Shock

Benedict's hip and legs improved steadily and a little over a month later he felt good enough to attempt a night of dancing with Sophie.

"What about this one?" Sophie asked Kate while holding a dress to her body.

"Hmmm, not bad, but I think we can do better," she answered, "It is your first date after all."

"Well, our first going out date. We had a nice evening to ourselves that Friday mum went back to work." Sophie said, blushing when she thought back.

"Un How long are you planning to keep it a secret?" Kate asked while she went to another rack in search of the perfect dress.

"I don't know, I hate not being able to kiss him when anyone is around."

"I've noticed." Kate snickered.

"What do you mean you've noticed ?"

"Oh please. The way you look at him sometimes... unless you are a starving cannibal, that look can only mean one thing."

"Is it that obvious?" Sophie asked, fearful that the secret might not be safe.

"If you are looking for it maybe, but I don't think your parents know."

Sophie let out a sigh and went back to dress shopping.

After a few minutes Sophie's eyes hit the mark and a smile formed on her lips, "I think we have a winner."

Kate turned to look at Sophie, who held an elegant blue dress up for Kate to see.

"Perfect," Kate said, "let's see how it fits."

The two women made their way to the dressing room and Sophie went in to change.

"Oh, that is lovely." Kate stated when Sophie came out.

Sophie made a twirl and looked in the mirror how it lifted and showed some more of her slim legs, "I think Ben will like it."

"He'll love it. Now go change, there's still some things I need to pick up before we go home."

Sophie went back behind the curtain and lifted the dress over her head before putting it back on the hanger.

"Where do you wanna go next?" she asked from inside the changing room.

"I need to pick up Ant's watch from the repair guy and I need to go to the pharmacy; I'm running low on birth control and my prescription is ready." Kate said casually, but inside the changing room Sophie froze with one leg in her jeans.

The blood had left Sophie's face and her mouth was dry, but she managed to answer without drawing any suspicion from Kate, "Sure, whatever you want."

The rest of the afternoon Sophie was much more quiet than usual and even though Kate asked, Sophie wouldn't share what was going through her mind.

"Wow!" Benedict exclaimed when Sophie appeared in her new dress.

"Thank you, that was the reaction I was hoping for."

Benedict realised his mouth was still hanging open and closed it, he looked around, making sure they would not be seen, and wrapped his arms around Sophie bringing her in for a deep kiss.

"I can't believe I get to dance with the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, not to mention kiss her." Benedict said when they broke the kiss.

Sophie's knees were weak and her eyes shone with love, "You don't look so bad yourself, love."

Elizabeth broke the moment when she came in, "Oh, Honey, you look stunning. Let me get a picture of you two."

Benedict and Sophie were nervous standing next to each other in front of Elizabeth, both fearing that their secret would show.