more today than yesterday

Benedict's eyes glowed with love when Sophie appeared and made her way down the aisle. His heart beat fast at the vision before him; dressed in an elegant white dress, Sophie had never looked better than she did on that day. Much of her beauty came from the joy and love that shined from her face. Radiant was the word that came to Benedict's mind.

Edmund walked alongside Sophie. Sophie had been sad that her father could not be the one to give her away, or even be there to witness her wedding, but Edmund was honoured to take that responsibility.

It felt a little weird that Elizabeth and Benedict's parents sat on opposite sides since they felt like one family, but since all the grandparents and with all the Bridgertons', minus Anthony who was standing with Ben, were there they could not all fit on one bench anyway.

Edmund gave Sophie a kiss on the cheek and found his seat next to Violet.

Benedict and Sophie had trouble keeping from locking eyes as Christian spoke his blessings.

Two words from both, and Benedict and Sophie were wed. They sealed their vows with a deep kiss, causing them both to feel a tingle of weakness in their knees. Reluctantly they separated and noticed the cheering that their kiss had rendered them unable to perceive when their lips were locked.

"I love you," they whispered in unison.

Once their guests had left for the reception, Benedict and Sophie stayed behind for a few photos and to pay a visit to Richard's tombstone.

They both kneeled down, holding each other's hand as they did. Mist appeared in their eyes. They thought silently about Richard for a second before kissing the tombstone bearing his name.

"We miss you, Dad," Sophie whispered.

Their hands gave a comforting squeeze and the two newlyweds rose.

The music started and all eyes were on the bride and groom. Benedict and Sophie began moving to the music in their first dance as man and wife, of course the song that played was the one they had danced to the night they became a couple.

As Spiral Starecase' s voice flowed from the speakers, Benedict and Sophie moved around the dance floor. All their guests stood in a circle and watched, but Sophie's eyes never left Benedict's and Benedict's never left Sophie's.

Benedict looked into Sophie's beautiful green eyes that glittered with tears of joy not yet ready to fall. He saw in those eyes the love that would keep them together forever, he saw the history they had shared and he saw the excitement about the experiences they had yet to share. Sophie's eyes saw the same thing when they were locked on Benedict's. Neither could remember ever being as happy as when they were in each other's arms.

As the final notes of the song flowed from the speakers, their dancing stopped and they came together for a kiss. They kept gazing into the soul of the other as their lips drew nearer. When the contact was made, their eyes closed. The taste and feel of Benedict added even more happiness in Sophie and she felt like bursting from joy.

Reluctantly they separated to cheers from their guests, all of whom knew without a shadow of doubt that Benedict and Sophie were hopelessly and completely in love.

After having eaten, Edmund gave his speech. Everyone loved the anecdote of Benedict and Sophie's first kiss in the field. Edmund had arranged for the tent flaps to be pulled back, letting all the guests see the infamous photo in an enlarged copy of the photo of said kiss.

Sophie and Benedict became misty eyed when Edmund brought up Richard, culminating in a single fallen tear from Sophie when she hugged Edmund after the speech.