Shock and revelations

Sophie and Benedict managed to prevent anybody else from figuring out about the pregnancy for the next three weeks.

"Sophie, Honey, are you okay?" Benedict asked through the closed bathroom door. Benedict had woken up when Sophie jumped out of bed and dashed to the bathroom, holding her hand to her mouth.

Sophie could only manage to utter a few words between the throwing up, "I'm fine... Go away!"

Benedict went back to her room and took a seat on the bed, waiting for Sophie to come out. When, after several minutes, she did, he stood and went to her.

"Are you okay?" he asked with concern evident in his tone and his eyes.

"I'm fine, but I guess it's time to make the announcement."

They didn't get to say any more before Sophie again felt the nausea and ran back to the bathroom.

Violet came into the living room from the kitchen after clearing the last of the dishes off the table, "So how's it going with the wedding plans?"

Benedict and Sophie sat together on the sofa, hand in hand. Benedict went first, "Actually we have some things to tell you, firstly, we have set a date, it's Friday, six weeks from now."

"Wow, that's soon," Elizabeth noted.

Before anyone could ask them why, Sophie spoke up, "Secondly, we are pleased to announce that you're gonna be grandparents..." When none of the three parents reacted at first, Sophie added, "I'm pregnant."

Violet and Elizabeth recovered from their shock and their eyes quickly misted from joy; they dragged Sophie from her seat and gave her a tight hug. Benedict was dragged from the sofa only seconds after and received the same treatment.

While Benedict was trapped between Violet and Elizabeth, Edmund gave Sophie a hug.

"You know you don't have to get married just because Sophie is pregnant, right?" Edmund asked Benedict after he too had gotten a hug from him.

"We know, Dad, we discussed it and saw no reason for waiting until after the baby was here."

"Congratulations," Violet started, "but how are you gonna prepare a wedding in just six weeks? You have to find a venue, decide on food and decorations... and what about a guest list? And invitations..."

"Oh!" that reminded Sophie and she went to her coat and withdrew two envelopes from the pocket.

She handed one to her mother and one to Violet, "We've already planned most of it already, we wanna have the party in the garden and we already made the guest list and had the invitations made."

Violet showed the invitation to Edmund as she blinked at them.

"The invitations are ready to be posted, we talked to Christian and reserved the church and we've found a caterer," Benedict informed them.

They talked a while about the pregnancy and about the things that still needed to be taken care of before the wedding.

When they talked about possible places for the honeymoon, Violet asked, "What are your plans for the future? Are you gonna move back to the city?"

Sophie answered, "Actually, we've decided to move back here permanently. It shouldn't be too hard to find some work here and we would like to be close to you when the baby comes... we might need a babysitter once in a while."

"Not to mention help when we freak out," Benedict grinned.

Both Sophie and Ben could see the joy in their parents' eyes over the news that their children and their future grandchild would be living in the same town as them.