Fly in the ointment

Four days after Benedict's return from the hospital it was time for his new physical therapist to stop by.

At the hospital he had been under the care of a young man, not much older than himself, and they had been friendly, so he was a little disappointed that he had to get a new one, but George, the physical therapist, had promised to keep in touch.

Both Violet and Edmund were at work, so it was Sophie who opened the door after the new physical therapist had rung the bell.

"Can I help you?" Sophie asked the young woman standing at the door.

"Hello, I'm Tessa James, I'm looking for Benedict Bridgerton. Do I have the correct address?" Tessa asked.

"Yes you do, are you the PT?" Sophie said.

"Yes I am, I take it you are his nurse. It's nice to meet you." Tessa said, extending her hand.

Sophie told her name as she shook Tessa's hand.

"Come on in and take off your coat, he's upstairs." Sophie said.

Tessa thanked her and took off her coat revealing that she was not only slim, but her breasts were also on the large side, sitting high on her chest. A bit like Sophie's but Sophie usually kept hers strapped down, where as Tessa could have rested her chin on hers.

Sophie led Tessa up the stairs and into Benedict's room where they found him watching TV.

"Hello Mr. Bridgerton, I'm Tessa James, but just call me Tessa. I'm your new physical therapist. How are you feeling today?" Tessa said, smiling as she held out her hand towards Benedict.

"Okay I guess... oh, and please call me Benedict." He replied, a little stunned at who he saw, he had expected... well he didn't know what he had expected, but a young, pretty woman was not it.

"I graduated with George and he has told you all about your injuries, but I would like to do my own little examination if that's okay?"

"Yeah sure, go ahead." Benedict replied.

Sophie and Benedict were both a little stunned at how quickly Benedict's duvet was gone, exposing him to the two women.

"I'll leave you two alone." Sophie said a little stiffly and went downstairs to make some lunch for her and Benedict.

Benedict was sad to see Sophie leave, but was not able to dwell on it since Tessa had started feeling his leg and hip as well as began talking to him; "So tell me, how did this happen?"

"Well, a treehouse fell on me." Benedict said.

"A treehouse? Aren't you a little old to be playing in a treehouse?" Tessa asked, smiling at him.

"I wasn't playing in it, it fell on top of me." Benedict said defensively.

"Just kidding, George already told me." Tessa said "he also told me you almost died... how's the head doing?"

"Fine, though I am going a little crazy from having to stay in bed for over a month." Benedict said. He felt at ease around Tessa, she gave out a happy vibe that made Benedict smile.

"That's why I'm here. How does this feel, any pain?" she said, shifting seamlessly into the professional question as she moved Benedict's knee slightly up towards him.

"Just a little aching, not what I would call pain." Benedict replied.

"Don't go all macho on me now just because I'm a woman; you have to tell me if something hurts." Tessa said, giving Ben a mock serious face before going back to the small talk.