Chapter 31: Free Time Event #6

=Free Time=

Aoi Asahina:

I decided to go to the music hall to play the piano more. When I entered, Hina was already there muttering to herself.

"Pushing on 'em doesn't help, smacking 'em doesn't help... What the heck is up with those things?" Hina looked up and saw me staring at her. "Oh! Sorry, I'm talking about the metal plates covering all the windows. Ah, I know! We should try grabbing the top and yanking down on it!"

"I don't know if that is a good idea..." I said.

"You wanna do some stretches with me?" Hina asked.

I followed Hina's lead and did some elaborate stretching.

After we finished, Hina ran in place. "Oh man... Oh man...!"

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm gettin' totally fired up!" Hina said.

"Really? How come?"

"How come doesn't matter! Now that I'm revved up, I need to get it out! Let's race!"

"Um... No thanks. You'll just beat me."

"Really? Well, I don't mind a solo run!"

"You always seem so excited, Hina."

"Huh? Hey, are you makin' fun of me!?"

"No, just impressed."

"Really...? I used to know this one guy, he was always like, "Hina, you're like, a super spaz!""

"Super spaz?"

"Yeah! Like, he'd see me wearing shorts in winter, and he'd say stuff like that. But if you lose to the cold like that, it just means you weren't dedicated enough!"

"Wow! But don't you get sick from doing stuff like that?"

"Getting sick is for the weak! If you're really dedicated, winter means even lighter clothes! It's all part of your training!" Hina explained. "So, like, are you the type who gets sick easy?"

"I usually just get the sniffles when it is the flu season," I explained.

"Still, you need more training! Okay! I've got the perfect remedy to keep someone like you fit as a fiddle!"

"What kind of remedy?"

"Actually, I do this myself every morning! You just strip down to your waist, then take a dry towel and start rubbing down your bare skin! I call it...! I call it...uh... What do I call it again?"

"I believe it's called towel treatment," I said.

"Oh my god! Yeah, that's it! I love going out on my apartment balcony, stripping down, feeling the wind on my skin... God, it feels so amazing! I never let a morning pass without getting in a good rubdown!" Hina sighed at that memory.

My face turned a bit pink. So you strip down on your balcony where passers-by could see you. And she's okay with that?!

"You should give it a try! If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything! I'd hate to see you catch cold or something..." Hina suggested.

"Thanks... I'll keep that in mind," I said and walked off.

=======

Yasuhiro Hagakure:

I was walking down the hallway, and Hiro approached me.

"I had a dream last night... I saw that the spirit world was going to flood us with energy and save us from this school nightmare! It's a prophecy! Take that to heart!"