Class Trial #2 Part 3: Weak and Strong

Soon, we arrived back to the trial room.

"Ahem! I do apologize for keeping you waiting. Now then, let's resume the class trial! We've all just learned of the shocking revelation that Chihiro was actually a boy! Let's pick up from there!" Monokuma ordered.

"Yes, well...I don't know his reason for hiding it, but the fact is, Chihiro was not a girl, but a boy. And because the victim was male, he would have had no problem gaining access to the boys locker room," Kyoko explained.

"Assuming his handbook did, in fact, list his gender as male...then yes, that would be true," Byakuya said.

"Of course his handbook said he was a boy! He dressed like a girl, but he was a boy through and through!" Monokuma confirmed.

"So then, there should be no issue with Makoto's and Hanako's initial assertion... The victim was killed in the boys locker room, and was then later moved to the girls locker room. And the killer could have easily used Sayaka or Junko's handbook to get into the girls locker room," Kyoko explained.

"So Chihiro really was killed in the boys locker room!?" Taka yelled.

"I still don't understand the motive for moving the body, but...yes, that does seem plausible," Kyoko said.

"Well...I must admit, I did find it rather odd... I knew he felt a little...off. There was a certain incongruity to his "female" body," Byakuya admitted.

"This is a most titillating situation!" Jill said.

"So now everything has been connected. All the mysteries have finally become clear," Byakuya said.

"Okay, well, connected or clear or whatever... We still think 'you're' the killer, remember?" Hina asked.

Byakuya didn't listen. "Hmhm. Very interesting. This has become very interesting indeed..."

"Ahh, he's off in his own little world..." Hifumi observed.

"What about you, Makoto? Hanako? After everything we've learned, do you still think Byakuya's the killer?" Kyoko asked.

"Well, without a doubt Byakuya's the one that made Chihiro's death look like Genocide Jack did it. But...but I... I think he might not actually be the killer after all," Makoto answered.

"I hate to admit this, but I agree as well," I said.

"What? But aren't you the one who accused him in the first place?" Hifumi asked Makoto.

"He just seems to be too...easygoing about all this. Like he's enjoying us solving the mystery. The way he's acting, it makes it seem like it doesn't have anything to do with him," Makoto explained.

"And you think that might be because it 'doesn't' have anything to do with him?" Celeste asked.

"Plus, the evidence he left behind was a little too...how can I put it? Overt. He consciously chose to use the extension cord, knowing it could connect him to the murder. At least, that's how I see it... And Byakuya, when you found out the murder took place in the boys locker room, it seemed to rattle you. And then again when you found out Chihiro was actually a guy... If you really were the killer, that stuff wouldn't have had any effect on you."

"So that's your thinking, huh? Well, it bothers me that you don't have more concrete reasons, but..." Byakuya sighed. "It's fine. I guess I'll mark it as correct, for the time being."

"Mark it as...correct?" Hina repeated.

"He's right. I am not the culprit. I just happened to come across the corpse in the girls locker room, and decided to alter it," Byakuya admitted.