Chapter 9: Free Time Event #2

When I entered my dorm, I flopped on my bed and tried to forget the earlier events. But the more I tried to forget about it, I just kept on remembering it. I need a polishing kit more than ever.

How about instead of just forgetting about it, how about I talk to someone? It would be a better way to forget about things.

I got out of my room and went to find someone to talk to.

=Free Time=

Hifumi Yamada:

I went my way up the second floor when I spotted Hifumi in the hallway.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Yasashiku! How can I help you?" He asked as I approached him.

"Well, you can help me by engaging with me in a conversation so I can get my mind distracted," I replied.

"So you want to be around me, eh? That means you must have realized that I have certain...powers." Hifumi said with a weird-looking face.

Uh oh!

"Yes, that's right! My greatest power is my ability to negate the power of others! I've never actually used it in a fight yet, but I'm not worried. Cuz whatever abilities they have...all I need is my power of negation!" Hifumi explained.

Hifumi made me take part of his delusion.

"Now then! This time, would you like to learn about one of my many legends?" Hifumi asked.

"You have legends?" I questioned.

"Naturally! You don't become the Ultimate Fanfic Creator without a few legends sprouting up around you! One such legend is how, in middle school, I was able to convince the school to create a fanfic club! And from that day, I exposed myself and my fanfic to the world at large! By the way, do you happen to know what all my work is based on?" He asked.

"...No, sorry."

"Well, surely you've heard of the highly acclaimed anime Demon Angel☆Pretty Pudgy Princess! Now, you might think that that sounds totally cliche, but you would be WRONG! I didn't simply copy the "pretty girl" style. I took a total meta sci-fi approach! My perspective was seen as quite odd, of course, but if you really look at what I was doing...my version of Princess Piggles was the total antithesis of the new-wave sci-fi movement. In fact, it was my response to J.G. Ballard's speculative fiction stylings! Buwheh! Ahh, my geekdom is leaking out again. I apologize! Anyway, unlike most fans, I never saw Princess Piggles as your typical moe anime."

"I got the impression that you didn't. But I just can't believe that you single-handedly persuaded the school to let you make a club. How'd you do that?"

"I bribed them with a cut of my profits," Hifumi admitted confidently.

Profits?

"And I've only gotten better at it! I'm blowin' up! Now then, up till now, I've always focused on taking part in Princess Piggles single-setting events," Hifumi rambled on.

"What's a single-setting?" I asked.

"It's when a circle gets together to come up with a project or event focused on only one show or series. So a Princess Piggles single-setting event would only allow works involving Princess Piggles, see? On the flipside, if there's no restriction on the number of properties, do you know what that's called?" Hifumi quizzed.

"I believe it's called a...free-for-all," I answered.

"That's absolutely right! There are actually plenty of free-for-all events every year, and yet... More and more slackers are showing up with no idea what fanfic really means! It's so ANNOYING! So in order to crush these peons with all my might, I'm going to start taking part in more free-for-alls!" Hifumi yelled.