Chapter 44: Investigation of the Unknow Victim

Like always, I read the Monokuma File.

"Due to the explosion, the victim's identity is unknown. They were, however, dead before the blast. The victim had been stabbed a single time with a knife, which went completely through the body. They had also been struck in the head with an object about as thick as a metal pipe. The body was covered with other wounds, but these were at least several days old."

The Monokuma File doesn't tell us who the victim actually was. Could it really be Kyoko? Or...?

I shook my head. I have no time for guessing right now. I have to investigate. I have to uncover the truth. No matter what, I have to find out what happened. Or we're all dead!

"To the garden!" I said to myself and marched back to the crime scene

Monokuma File #5 has been added as a truth bullet

When I arrived, everyone was already there doing their own thing. 

Okay, time to get started. I need to check anywhere that may be important, from one end to the other. I just need to do what I always do.

I walked to the body and began to examine it. It's probably for the best to check if the victim was Kyoko or not. The first thing I noticed was the victim's hand.

"Oh...? There's something weird about the body's fingernails. Oh, these are fake nails. They're really long. I never understood why they're such a big deal. They seem like they'd get in the way of normal activities," I muttered to myself.

Fake Nails has been added as a truth bullet

There's also something on the back of her right hand.Is this...a tattoo? It got burned, so I can't make out the whole thing, but... It looks like it's a picture of a dog. I'm sure this must be important.

Tattoo on the Right Hand has been added as a truth bullet

"Now about the body itself... The upper half of the body got set on fire in the explosion, so it's totally blackened. And also, the top half of the body is wet due to Makoto throwing a bucket of water on it to extinguish the fire," I said out loud. There's nothing strange about the top half being wet...right?

Exploded Body Analysis has been added as a truth bullet

Stepping away from the body, I looked around at the ground when my eyes met some fragments. I took a closer look at them.

These...look like fragments of something. They're all burnt, so I can't really be sure, but I feel like I've seen something like it before. But where? Wait, was it...there!? I'll have to double-check that later...

Fragments Near the Dead Body has been added as a truth bullet

A couple of feet away, a scorch knife laid on the ground.

It must be the knife that was stuck in the body before it exploded. The force of the explosion must have thrown it over here... The Monokuma File said the knife went all the way through the body, from front to back. Then there's no doubt that that's the murder weapon that caused the fatal injury. But... Why does the knife look...really familiar...?

My eyes widened with shock when the realization hit me. Wait... Is that... The survival knife that was entrusted to Makoto!?

I turned to looks at Makoto, who was talking to Byakuya. No... He couldn't have... Could he?