Chapter Nine: The Students TARGET

As I entered the forest, I heard someone coughing. I searched for where the sound was coming from and eventually arrived at its source. What I saw surprised me. "Storm? Is that you?" I asked, recognizing the demon I had encountered during the Red Hour. He was lying in the grass, his body covered in blood. He coughed up blood and seemed to be in a lot of pain.

"What's happening to you?" I asked him, concerned.

He just told me to get lost with a dismissive wave of his hand. "Fine, I'll leave," I said, feeling frustrated. But as I walked away, I stopped in my tracks. Storm couldn't die, not without my own hands delivering his punishment. They had used their own hands to kill my friends, so I'll use my own hands to kill them as well.

I quickly returned to where he was, but he kept screaming and coughing up blood. "I'll take you to the medic room," I offered.

He just pushed me away and told me to get lost again. "I can't let you die!" I shouted at him, feeling desperate.

"Why?" he asked, coughing up blood again.

"Because I still have to kill you, idiot!" I yelled, pulling him up by his shirt and helping him walk. I could hear him struggling to breathe. "What's happening to you?" I asked, hoping for an answer.

But he didn't answer. Suddenly, he fell to the ground in pain, holding his stomach and coughing up blood. I didn't know what to do, I was panicking. He looked like he was about to die.

"Storm!" I heard Cassandra's worried voice call out. She ran towards us and quickly helped Storm, who was lying on the grass.

"Is it too painful? Wait, please wait. I'll take you to the medic room," she said, supporting him.

I looked at them as they slowly disappeared from my view, feeling conflicted about what to do next.

Okay, it seems like she didn't see me. I shrugged and walked towards the dining area. I was hungry, so I grabbed a sandwich and juice before heading to my Coor+ class. I wonder what Coor+ is. Earlier, there were Endurance (Endu+) and Agility (Agi+) classes, but what about Coor+? I know the woman who brought me to the Agility Building earlier gave me some background information about it, but I still didn't understand what she said.

I was one hour and forty-five minutes late for my class, so I caught everyone's attention again. It felt satisfying to pierce their eyes that were looking at my beautiful face. But, I needed to eat since I hadn't had lunch yet. Tsk! I don't care about them.

"Can't you see that you have your lecturer here?" I heard someone say, so I turned around. I was walking towards an empty seat, not realizing that there was a lecturer sitting at the table in front. But don't blame me, okay? Our lecturer is so short, I didn't notice him there.

"Sorry," I said in a bored tone and took a bite of my sandwich before sitting in the empty seat at the back.

I was so tired and sick of attending classes and transferring from one building to another. I was also sick of catching everyone's attention. It would have been better if we were training, but I didn't get to participate in the Agility Training earlier. What a waste, especially now that I know Emerald's power. HE CAN MAKE WEAPONS... All I need to do now is to CONTROL it.

"You're just gonna sit there, new student? You're not going to introduce yourself?" Our short lecturer asked, annoyed.

I stood up and said, "Eveline."

"You have no manners! Do you want to get detention?" Our lecturer was shouting in anger, and he looked like he was about to explode.

"I already came from there." I said without any enthusiasm, looking out the window.