Chapter Eight: Emerald's Power??

I felt like I was deafened by what our handsome lecturer said. Ysabel is my classmate?

My eyes immediately searched for the face of that snobbish girl. She was at the end of the training room jogging with her back turned to us, so she probably didn't notice me entering the training ground.

"Okay! Back to training!" Our lecturer clapped twice and the others returned to what they were doing.

I walked towards the jogging girl who still hadn't noticed me.

"How are you?" I asked coldly when I reached her.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked rudely. "And why...are you...wearing THAT UNIFORM?" She added, pointing to what I was wearing.

I raised my right eyebrow. "Are you THAT GLAD to see me? Want some hug?" I teased her while opening my arms in front of her.

"No.HELL.Way." She declined with emphasis on each word.

"I'll be your training partner. You should be happy," I said simply while taking off my bag and placing it beside the wall.

"How did you manage to get into this Academy?" She asked in disbelief, seeming to have not heard what I said earlier.

"You guys brought me in, REMEMBER?" I reminded her. It seemed like she forgot that they were the ones who brought me into this Academy.

"What? So, the headmaster summoned you to be a new student?" She asked irritably.

"What do you think?" I asked with a grin. "And I'll say it again, okay? I'll be your training partner for today. So, you should be happy," I repeated what I said earlier, which she seemed to have not heard.

"What?" She asked rudely, then looked at our lecturer who was exercising.

"Don't disturb them. Can't you see? They're all busy," I said while stopping her from walking towards our lecturer.

"REMOVE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME!" She threatened.

I just rolled my eyes and let go of her arm.

"And don't you dare disturb me!" She said again before returning to her training.

I just shrugged my shoulders. I saw her doing planks, so I slowly approached her and removed my shoes. I climbed onto her back and could feel her sweat being absorbed by my socks.

"What the heck are you doing?" She yelled while still doing planks. She must be really strong to carry my weight. Psh!

"I am your training partner, so stop complaining," I said simply.

I knew she must have rolled her eyes at what I said, even though I couldn't see her face. But she didn't complain or say anything and just continued with her planks.

She takes her training seriously, I realized. She hardly even noticed me.

After their agility training, yes THEIRS, since I didn't participate, I became the training partner of that snobbish girl. We went to the huge dining area to get some food.

Aish! There are so many people here.

I felt someone grab my arm, so I turned to see Ysabel.

"What?" I asked unenthusiastically.

"Initiation. After your class. In the Combat room," she said before disappearing from my sight.