Chapter Seven: The New Student

I only need one thing: revenge! And the beasts I'm going to take revenge on are here inside this school.

That's why I accepted Shadow's offer.

"New students are assigned to the first floor dormitory. There are no bathrooms or showers in each room, so you have to line up for the public bathroom and shower at the end of the hallway. If you want to move up to the higher floors, you need to excel in your classes. Do you understand?"

I just nodded at every word of the SHADOWMEN who was with me.

"From the second floor up to the fiftieth floor, there are better rooms and bathrooms available. So, if you don't want to stay here on the first floor, you need to excel and move up to the higher floors. Everything you need is here inside this box," he said as he handed me the box he was holding earlier.

"And this will be your room," he said as he opened the door and placed the key to the small table.

"Do you have any more questions?" he asked me. I just looked at him. I couldn't see his face because it was covered. Psh! I just shook my head.

"If that's the case, I'll be leaving now," he said as he immediately turned his back on me.

I heaved a sigh. What awaits me here?

I placed the box I was carrying on the bed and closed the door. I saw a small clock hanging on the wall. It was 12 o'clock. Maybe the clock stopped. Or maybe it's just broken?

Once again, I felt the warm liquid flowing down my cheeks. I was crying again. I miss my friends so much.

I lay down on the hard bed and cried myself to sleep.

*****

I jolted awake from the loud sound of a bell. I looked at the clock, it was moving again, and it's already 7 o'clock in the morning.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I'm a student now. And I have class today, but it looks like I'm going to be late!

Currently, I don't have a chance against the seven Council members. That's why I need to train more. I also need to discover Emerald's powers so he can help me with my revenge. And this Academy will help me. They provide training for the cursed to control and strengthen the power of our demons.

I didn't feel like opening the box on my desk, but I still opened it and took a towel from the inside. It contained my two sets of school uniforms, two sets of gym clothes, my schedule, and even my pajamas and casual clothes. There were too many things to mention.

I went to the public shower room at the end of the hall, and to my surprise, there was already a long line of people waiting. Everyone was looking at me with judgmental eyes.

"Wow, is that her? Is she the one?" I heard someone whisper.

"Yes, I think it's her."

"She's the new student that Shadow brought in, right? I wonder what her demon power is."

"She looks so ordinary. What makes her special?"

"I also heard she's from the town of Quilak," someone else said with a laugh.

"What the?! She's from Quilak?"

"Figures..." one girl said disdainfully as she looked me up and down.

"That's why she's dressed like that," another girl said disappointedly.

"I thought so too, tsk! Why did Shadow let her in here?"

"Maybe she seduced him."