Chapter Eighteen: The Time Manipulator

As I strolled back towards the dormitory after my conversation with Ysabel, I felt a sudden tug on my arm, bringing me to an abrupt halt. It was Cassandra, her grip firm and determined. Without uttering a word, she guided me towards the secluded rear of the dormitory building where we could speak undisturbed.

In that quiet corner, with no one else around, Cassandra and I stood face to face. Her expression was a mix of intensity and concern, her eyes locked onto mine. There was an urgency in her voice as she finally broke the silence.

"I need to tell you something, and you need to listen carefully," Cassandra began, her voice laced with determination. "Stay away from Storm. Stay. Away. From. My. Husband." Her warning look pierced through me, conveying the depth of her emotions.

A mischievous smirk played on my lips as I couldn't resist teasing her further. "Oh, but let me rephrase that," I taunted, my voice dripping with playful sarcasm. "You mean, your soon-to-be husband, right? Because, you know, there's still a chance for someone to snatch him away before you tie the knot."

I couldn't help but needle Cassandra, aware of her infatuation with Storm. Compared to Ysabel, Cassandra was more susceptible to my teasing, her devotion to that demon, Storm, making her an easy target.

"Don't let it reach a point where you'll be the only one hurt. You have no idea what I'm capable of!" Those were the last words I heard from her before she stormed off.

Her words lingered in the air, stirring a mixture of defiance and curiosity within me. Fine then, Cassandra. Show me what you're truly capable of, and let's see if your actions can match your words.

As I contemplated my next move, a surge of determination coursed through my veins. I needed to come up with a plan, carefully calculating each step and considering every possible outcome. Cassandra had become my new target, and I vowed to be prepared for whatever awaited.

With a steely resolve, I braced myself for the impending clash. Cassandra's warning had ignited a fire within me—an eagerness to prove myself and face the challenges ahead. I knew I had to be mentally and emotionally prepared for the intensity of the encounter, ready to withstand the storm that awaited.

"Be prepared, Cassandra," I whispered under my breath, my voice filled with a mix of anticipation and confidence. "Because when the time comes, you'll find yourself shedding tears of blood right in front of me."

Emotions hung in the air, heavy with defiance, challenge, and a hint of anticipation. I knew the path ahead would be treacherous, but I was determined to face it head-on.

*******

I entered the Control class with a mix of excitement and intrigue. It was the subject that everyone had been eagerly anticipating. As the students gathered in the classroom, an atmosphere of anticipation enveloped us. This class held the key to mastering the art of controlling our inner demons, a skill coveted by many.

Among the students sat the esteemed Seven Council members, individuals with exceptional abilities and a profound understanding of the supernatural forces that dwelled within them. Their presence added an extra layer of significance to the proceedings.

The lecturer stood before the class, ready to unveil the day's activities. "Okay, class. Today, we will be conducting a training exercise in pairs," the lecturer announced, capturing the attention of every student.

Without hesitation, I raised my hand, seizing the perfect opportunity that presented itself. The desire to test my abilities against a formidable opponent motivated my decision. "I want to be paired up with Storm," I declared, directing a sly smile toward Cassandra, whose expression betrayed a mix of surprise and curiosity.