4

When I woke up in the morning Beyonce was gone, I completed my morning routine and called my mother while I searched for something to wear.

"I'm glad you're making friends Mady! Mommy must go to work, but I'll call you later, okay?" she said, seemingly rushing.

"Okay mommy, love you" I said quickly "Love you more" she said before hanging up.

I finished getting ready and texted Niko to see if he wanted to grab breakfast with me. He agreed and he led me to a place called Waffle House where we met Marley and Ethan from last night. The food was good, but nothing could ever be better than food from back home.

"What was Ms. Beyonce up to this morning?" Ethan asked, looking at me and I shrugged.

"She wasn't there when I woke up, we're supposed to be going to a party later, so I'm sure she'll turn up." I responded.

"Don't let Ethan fool you, he just wants to fuck that girl." Marley said frowning at him in disgust.

"I thought she had a boyfriend." Niko said making Ethan shrug "We're in college, that don't mean nothing."

"What about you Remady? Got a boyfriend?" Marley asked me and I shook my head no "I had one back home, but we broke up once I decided to come to school here."

Aiden was a sweet boy and we'd always be friends, but there was no point in dragging the relationship along when we were on two different life paths.

We finished eating and I headed back to the dorm alone, wanting to make sure I was familiarizing myself with the area. When I got back Beyonce was sitting at her desk writing in a journal, she looked up at me when I entered and smiled.

"You smell like food, where'd you go?" she asked as I put my purse down on my bed.

"Waffle House with a few people I met yesterday." I said and noticed a small change of expression on her face.

"You make friends really easily, don't you?" she said, closing her journal. I shrugged my shoulders "I feel like people hear an accent and find themselves more interested in me. Where were you this morning?" I asked sitting down.

"I just went up to the roof for a while, the view is pretty up there." I nodded and nodded towards her journal "What're you writing?" I asked.

"Just a song idea I had in my head." She said with a shrug and closed the notebook.

"I thought your major was business." I said, "It is, but I didn't have much choice in the matter...anyway what are you wearing to the party?"

I shrugged and she deemed that unacceptable, so we spent the next hour picking outfits and talking. Eventually it was a good time to start getting ready and afterwards we headed to the party.

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

Once at the party she ended up seeing some of the people she'd met so we just joined them. I could sense they seemed judgmental of me, and I didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so I hung back while staying with them if that makes sense. I watched as everyone smoke, had drinks, popped pills, etc.

"You don't want a drink Bey?" Remady asked me while holding her own cup, I could tell drinking was foreign to her "Nah I'm good." I said and she just laughed at me, and I couldn't help but laugh back.

I danced with her and the group as we sang along to the songs, eventually it was just me and her walking back to the dorm. "Beyoncewhy'reyousotall!" she slurred her sentence together making me laugh, my 5'7 frame mildly hovered over her 5'2/5'3. "I don't know Rem. You ever been drunk before?" I asked and she shook her head no.

Once I got her in the room and in her bed, I went ahead and sat some of my aspirin and a water on her bedside table, I was sure she'd need it. I checked my phone seeing I had a missed text from my mother.

Mom: Shawn says you've been ignoring all his calls/texts. We've talked about this Beyonce, get it together.

I sighed and turned my phone off not wanting to deal with it, just being content that for the most part college was starting off going my way.