15

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

I pulled out of the driveway of my house. My mother and I had come to an "agreement" I stayed home and out of trouble, and in return I'd get a car and occasional studio time. Of course I was still living under her magnifying glass, but something was better than nothing.

After parking on campus, I headed to one of my classes, and much to my surprise there was Rem sitting in the front row. I hesitated before approaching her, nervous she'd turn me away. I went and sat down next to her, and she instantly lit up once she realized it was me.

"Omg Bey! What're you doing here?" she exclaimed, pulling me into a hug, making me smile.

"Looks like we have this class together." I said, I missed being in her presence...and the peace I felt when near her.

"We have so much to catch up on!" she said excitedly, but the professor walked in making her whisper "We'll talk after class."

So we did exactly that. She told me all about her apartment and job struggles. I would've happily paid her rent every month if I still had control of my accounts. Then it was my turn to tell her about every step my mother had taken to make my life a living hell.

"I kid you not, Shawn has been at my house everyday since we moved out. I had to fake a yeast infection three times just to keep him off of me." I said and she chuckled a little

"I been so worried about you Bey, glad you holding up as best you can." She said before checking the time. "Let me write my address down, and you can come over later to help me with a project."

"Damn, you got a project already?" I asked as she handed me the paper with her address on it. "Yea, it's crazy. But we'll talk later!" she said before rushing off to another class I assumed.

I couldn't stop smiling when I went home, I had something to look forward to that evening. My mother was in the living room when I was getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" she asked with a raised eyebrow "The library, need to get a head start on some of this work." I said, leaving before she could get another word in.

I headed to Rem's apartment, and it was decorated so nicely. We sat in her living room and just talked while working on her project. She looked so gorgeous, I found myself staring at her multiple times.

"Time to take a break." She said closing her laptop "I was thinking about getting a cat, thoughts?" she asked looking at me and I chuckled.

"You're crazy, you still trying to secure a steady income for rent, but you want to get a cat?" I said and she shrugged.

"You call it crazy; I call it motivation...but nah, you're right I probably should wait. I am gonna start looking into an internship though."

"That's great—" I started.

I was cut off by a knock at her door, and she opened it revealing Xyon. He was surprising her with some flowers, and she had the biggest smile on her face. She'd said they had gotten more serious, but I still wasn't expecting it.

"Babe, you remember Bey." She said and he looked over at me with a smile "Yea, been a while, how you been?" he said.

"Good...I don't wanna intrude so I'll leave you lovebirds to it. I'll see you around Rem." I forced a smile and saw myself out. I was truly fighting back tears; this wasn't how things were supposed to be. When I got back home, I sighed seeing Shawn on my bed, I wasn't sure why my mother thought he could fuck me straight. He stood up with a smile when he saw me and immediately tried to kiss me, but I dodged it.

"Go home Shawn and please don't come back." I basically shoved him out of my bedroom and shut the door, locking it. I just wanted to be alone.