24

mild warning!

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

Some time had passed since everything with the whole proposal, and I had been on cloud 9 ever since. I found myself at the store looking for some things in preparation for graduation when suddenly I heard my name called, I turned around seeing Shawn. I internally rolled my eyes, but I decided not to let him ruin my streak of happiness I had going.

"Hey Shawn" I said giving a small smile.

"How you been?" he said "Good" I responded trying to keep it short

"Bey listen...I feel like I owe you an apology. I know our relationship has always been messed up...and I shouldn't have agreed to put you through that, I just liked you so much I was willing to do whatever to have you." He explained and I simply nodded.

"Got it, it was nice seeing you." I said trying to walk off, but he gently grabbed my arm.

"I know you said you were done with me, but I'd like it if we could be friends...are you busy after this? We can go grab some lunch."

I had known Shawn for a long time, and he reminded me of an extremely dark time in my life, but in this moment he seemed like the Shawn I was friends with when we were in elementary school. Since I was reinventing myself I figured why not? If friendship wasn't in the stars then lunch could serve as closure if nothing else.

So, I went. It was shockingly extremely nice. We spent hours just talking, reminiscing, and laughing with one another. It didn't feel forced, and I was genuinely enjoying myself. We found ourselves smiling at one another and I realized we'd been holding hands across the table, so I quickly snatched my hand away.

"I should get going, thanks for lunch." I said and began gathering my things.

"Yea, this was nice. Feel free to text me whenever you want to go out." He said with a sincere smile, and I returned it before seeing myself out.

I felt a little guilty as I left, I thought if I told Rem it was a chance she would be understanding and there was also a chance she'd be livid and wouldn't want anything to do with me. I didn't want to jeopardize our fresh start so I just would brush it under the rug.

Days went on and Rem had really gotten locked in with work, so I couldn't be mad. Shawn had texted me a picture of a necklace of mine I'd left over there once, so I decided to go and get it. Once again we found ourselves sitting on his couch talking, actually having pleasant conversation.

Before I knew it we were leaning into a kiss, being around him was different, so the kiss felt different. We began kissing slowly, and then slowly started to remove one another's clothes. Genuine moans began to escape my mouth as he slowly kissed, licked, sucked, and caressed on all of my sensitive parts. I was seeing stars as he ate me out with passion I didn't even know he was capable of.

Once he stopped I opened my eyes to see he was aligning himself with my entrance. I moaned loudly as he slid inside and with every thrust he seemed to be hitting the right spot. I pulled him down connecting our lips again, moaning into the kiss. For once his groans were music to my ears, and soon enough we both climaxed together.

I laid there for a while, mentally kicking myself, trying to figure out what I'd just done. Eventually I got up and got dressed, leaving without a word.

"What did you do Bey?" I asked myself with a sigh as I drove home.

Rem still wasn't home when I got back so I showered and just ended up climbing in bed, falling asleep. When I woke up I had a text from her saying she'd ended up spending the night at Ms. Sam's house because she got off late. I responded and got up to go fix myself some breakfast, when I heard a knock at the door.

I opened it to see my mother standing there and I felt like I was seeing a ghost.

"What the hell? Who gave you this address?" I asked, still shocked.

"Can we talk Beyonce?" she asked.

Could my life get any more complicated?