22

I woke up the next morning feeling soft kisses being placed on my neck, I gasped once her fingers slid into me, quickly jumping out the bed.

"Rem what's wrong? No round 2?" she said, sitting up confused.

"Bey, we never should've had round 1. I got caught up in the moment...but I'm with Xyon." I said, grabbing something to cover my body.

"You were with him before when we used to mess around, what's different?" she said folding her arms.

"I wasn't really with him if anything that was just a talking stage. Things didn't get serious between us until the Summer after your mom caught us. Last night was amazing don't get me wrong but can we please agree this was a one-time thing." I said, feeling bad at the look on her face, but she nodded.

"Okay Rem" she got up, heading into the bathroom.

I sighed, sitting down on my bed, all I could do was hope this wouldn't put too much strain on her or our relationship.

Soon enough it was Summertime, and I had a lot going on, so it had gone by fast to me. In between getting my mom moved and settled into her new place, I was working super hard on advancing in the professional world. During my internship I had made some amazing connections, and I was on track to launching my own business after graduation, but I still had so much work to do before I could celebrate.

I sat at my laptop browsing through potential office locations I could lease, and Bey was next to me. She was supposed to be helping me look but she seemed to be lost in space.

"Bey?" I said, bringing her back to reality "Yea?"

"You okay?" I asked, moving the laptop to the side, I had no problem giving her my full attention no matter what I was doing.

"You know I'm super proud of you. You're really going to dominate the fashion industry...and all of our friends have such bright futures and opportunities lined up, and then there's me. I come from a wealthy family, but I've always wanted to start my own empire...make a name for myself." she said, twiddling her fingers.

"You'd always be welcome to work with me Bey, but I understand you want to build on your own. I wouldn't sweat it too much, you're super talented you just have to choose your passion and grow from there." I said giving her a reassuring smile, making her smile back.

My phone started to beep meaning my alarm clock was going off. "Oh come on we have to get ready for Xyon's art exhibit." I said getting off the couch with her following behind me.

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

Soon we were both dressed, and she looked stunning. Her words of encouragement had helped, but with graduation right around the corner I couldn't help but feel the pressure. Once at the exhibit, she and I were walking around together admiring all of his art. He was extremely talented, I couldn't lie.

We approached Marley and Niko who had come together. "Um where is my baby Journey?" Remady asked, it was rare to see Marley alone since she'd had the baby.

"With her daddy, as she should be. I needed a break." Marley responded with a laugh.

We chatted for a while then moved on to speak with her mom, Ms. Sam, a bit. Whenever Rem was busy with work I helped Ms. Sam settle in and adjust, all that one-on-one time had really helped us get closer.

Suddenly we heard a glass clinking, and all the attention was put on Xyon as silence fell over the room.

"Thank you all for coming! I'd like to invite my wonderful girlfriend who helped make this happen to the stage." He spoke, and Rem bashfully walked through the crowd to the front with him.

"I just wanted to take this time to appreciate you all for coming to admire my artwork. As an artist it can be scary to put yourself out there, but having you all here, and hearing all your kind words means the world to me, and it inspires me to keep pursuing my dreams so thank you." There was a round of applause before he continued.

"I would just like to give a special shoutout once again to my rock, my Remady. She has encouraged me and been by my side for these past couple of years, and she helped put this amazing event together, even making sure my family was here to support. Rem, I can't help but feel like without you none of this would be possible and I really can't thank you enough. I love you so much and with you by my side, I feel like I can always do the impossible...and I never want that feeling to go away, so Remady Elise Jones...will you marry me?"

My mouth dropped as he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box. Remady looked shocked as she stood frozen for a second before saying yes with a bright smile and pulling him into a kiss. The room erupted in cheers, but I felt like my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I felt like I was struggling to breathe so I hurriedly rushed out of the building and got into my car. I didn't know where I was going, but I just had to find somewhere to clear my head.

This felt wrong, I had to do something, but what?