8

By the third day of break, her mother was getting to be intolerable. After dinner I just excused myself to my designated room, leaving Bey to argue with her mother. I fell asleep around 8 and woke up around 1am to the sound of voices and footsteps. It sounded like Bey, so I sent her a text to see what she was doing, after about 10 minutes there was no response, so I just got out of bed to see.

I walked down the hall to her bedroom and her door was slightly ajar, I pushed it open a little bit to see her and Shawn, I assumed, having sex. A part of me was definitely jealous but knowing the history of their relationship and seeing her with him kind of disgusted me, I wasn't sure if this would become a nightly routine, but I didn't want to stick around and find out. I went back into my room and started packing up, calling Niko after I finished.

He was always up at crazy times of the night being an RA and everything. He agreed to come get me and before I knew it, I was back in the dorm. I didn't want to be alone, but I didn't want to stay at Bey's more. I'd find some way to occupy myself for the rest of the break.

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

When I woke up the next morning, Rem was gone. I saw she had texted me at like 1 in the morning, but I'm pretty sure I was entertaining Shawn at that time. I called her, but she didn't answer and when I sent a text, she was pretty dry in her responses. I headed downstairs to see my mother sitting at the dining room table.

"Good morning dear, did you and Shawn have fun?" she asked while taking a sip of her coffee "Did you say something to Remady?" I asked, ignoring her question.

"Who?" she responded making me roll my eyes "My roommate."

"No, I noticed she was gone though, it was for the best." She shrugged and took another sip of her coffee.

I headed back up to my room wondering what had happened. My father stopped by later that day, but he wasn't there for long. After that days seemed to drag along, I was eager to get back to the dorm to get to the bottom of things with Remady.