14

Remady Elise Jones

The summer was more than halfway done, and I had only spoken to Beyonce a handful of times. I was sure it was because her mother had pretty much put her on lockdown. When I did talk to her she mentioned she'd gotten the chance to go to the studio, so I hoped that was helping her manage. I felt horrible for her and a piece of me felt empty, but there wasn't anything I could do. Xyon and I were now boyfriend & girlfriend, and he'd even come to visit me in Antigua. Our relationship was peaceful, which was nice, but I can't lie and say I didn't miss the beautiful chaos I had with Bey.

Soon enough it was time for me to leave again. It was just as emotional and sad to leave as it was the first year, I don't think that would ever get easier. Bey and I never got the chance to plan out living arrangements, so I'd move forward with an off-campus apartment. I had saved enough to furnish/decorate, but I was definitely going to need to secure a steady job to pay rent every month.

Once moved in and settled I started job hunting. Xyon, Niko, and Marley were extremely helpful, but I wasn't one of those people who could suffer through a job just for a check, so I was struggling. I tried working at a pizza place, quit after the first day. Then I started working at a bar, I hated being harassed by men and the girls there were rude, so I was currently trying to find something to replace it with before quitting. Every blue moon I was doing a photoshoot to get some extra money in my pocket, but I was striving to live comfortably, not paycheck to paycheck.

I was worried about balancing all of this with school starting soon.

Despite having a lot to worry about, my mind couldn't help but wonder how and what Beyonce was doing.