Part 2: Hazel

"She heard us!" Iris screamed through the bond. Iris, Ivy, and Rose's frantic and concerned voices boomed through my head.

          We sprinted on all four paws back home. We weren't even supposed to be out! Rose convinced us all to go out. She said she wanted to see if we would see the humans. She wanted to observe them more. Well, we saw a whole lot more than we were expecting.

          That girl. Reagan, that blonde girl, said her name was.

          We were being snakey. She couldn't hear us, that is, until she pooped a fucking squat and peed. Right in front of us! Ivy was a bit more put off because she took a step closer, not looking where she was going, and boom, the sound of a stick breaking boomed, alerting the human girl.

          The very, very pretty human girl.

          "Yeah, yeah, we all know she was pretty! Our biggest concern should be that she could hear us! There is no way that should be possible... right?" Rose whimpered through the bond.

          I could feel their concern just as much as they could feel mine.

          We sprinted harder and faster, needing to escape the party the humans were having. To get away from the girl.

          "What the fuck just happened?" Ivy huffed.

          We were miles away from home. We reside in the mountains to steer clear from the humans. So we can roam around our land freely without being caught. Even though we're fast, it will still take a while to return home.

          If Avah and Lennox notice we are gone, we will be in so much trouble.

          This was a mistake. A huge, huge mistake. "I don't understand. She's human. She shouldn't have been able to hear us. She spoke to us like it was a regular conversation..." I said in the lead, my paws digging into the cold earth.

          "She called us perverts..." Iris whined. "Why did it hurt when she called us that?"

          It did hurt. It hurt like a bitch. Every single one of us felt like our world shattered when she called us that. Not even Avah or Lennox has that power over us.

          Ivy caught up to me. Her cream-colored wolf is in my full view, her golden-yellow eyes narrowed on our run. "Why does it hurt the farther away we run away from that party?"

          She's not just asking me; she was asking in general, I know, but I wish I had an answer. I do understand her. My entire body is fighting me right now the harder I run. The only time that's ever happened is when Ivy, Iris, and Rose are too far away from me.

          That makes sense, though. We are all bonded. We are intimate. It hurts when we are away from each other. We are all the same species, so it makes sense. That human girl having this effect on us is strange.

         "Reagan... I hate how it makes my body itch when I think of her name." Rose snarled grumply. I understood her completely. And how Iris and Ivy were reacting to the name, I can tell they feel the same.

          "It's a wonderful name..." Ivy spoke up. Her voice pained in my head.

          "I agree," I said quietly through the bond. "We need to get back home. Quickly. We need to dissect this back in our human forms."

          Their wolves huffed in agreement.

↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠