Part 13: Iris

"This all feels like a huge fucking joke." Reagan scoffed and banged her head against the couch. She made us get off and sit on the floor. I feel like it was some kind of power move, but none of us cared.

          Her asking about our rut rather than wanting to talk about her moving in with us was an odd choice of distraction, but whatever would make her more comfortable.

          "Wh-why is that far that I have to be the one to receive the... penetrating? Who says I won't be the one to penetrate you." Reagan argued.

          I couldn't help but laugh. "If you want to find something to penetrate us with, you are more than welcome, but because you are the final key to our mating and because you're human, you will be the one who has to carry our pups. It's just biology. Well, our biology. From what I know on TV, the only way a woman here can get another woman pregnant through penetration in the human world is if one of the women is trans."

          There may be other ways, fuck if I know, though. I'm not all the way informed on human activities.

          She frowned at us, and I could see just a tiny pout. I smiled. Cute.

          "If I were to decide to have sex with you now, you would all have vaginas now, right?" she asked quietly.

          I hate how hopeful I got when she said if. She's at least thought about it. Well, from this morning, I know she has. I can still scent her arousal. We woke up to her hand between her legs. We all panicked, and Hazel screamed her name, waking her up before it went too far.

          "Yes, we would have vaginas. The only time we won't is when we rut." Ivy explained, laughing lightly.

          "Can we discuss you saying you were going to move in with us now?" Hazel asked abruptly.

          I wanted to know the answer, too. We waited patiently for her to answer, but she kept quiet.

          My ears perked up when I heard Reagan's stomach growl. I glared at where the offending sound was coming from. She probably hasn't eaten since whenever yesterday. Reagan looked down at her belly and groaned. I stood up, walked to her kitchen, and opened her fridge. She had barely anything in here.

          It's literally just condiments and old salad greens. I closed the fridge, narrowing my eyes at her. "Where is your food? When was the last time you've eaten?"

          She sighed. "I don't really have time, money, or energy to grocery shop. So I just find really cheap takeout places and get a small meal that will fill me up."

          I glared at her. Why is this pissing me off? How did I go from saddened by this to angry? "Tell us why you chose to stay with us when you claimed we were strangers to you. Is it because of our mating bond, because we can work around it and make it so you can live without pain while away from us?"

          I would hate every second of it, but we would move on. At least try to. I'm not sure we would be very successful, though.

          "It's a better place than anywhere else, and I feel like you all won't make me pay rent. How you all have electricity when you don't have money to pay for it is beyond me." Reagan groaned.

          So it wasn't about the mating bond that's saddening.

          "We still it from a power station a few hundred miles away from us. We've gotten away with it for years. Strange, really." Rose explained.

          Hazel looked around the apartment. "So what do you need to take back to our place?"

          Reagan shrugged. "Just some clothes. Everything else can stay so the landlord can sell it. I have no personal connections to anything in here."

           I giggled. "Not even your little friend we found?"

           Her lip twitched. "No, I'll manage without it." she smiled. Her eyes held no humor, just anger. Uh-oh.

           I stepped out of the kitchen and looked her over. "Are we going to discuss what happened earlier this morning?" Rose asked, frowning.

           Reagan blushed and then stood up, walking into the room. We followed after her. "There is nothing to discuss." She grabbed a backpack from the closet and started filling it with clothes.

          "I think there is," I said, watching her intensely.

          She threw her bag on the bed and looked at us with her hands on her hips. "Look, it's been a while since I've been able to... come, and seeing attractive women naked in front of me in person got me riled up. My brain seemed to have taken control during my sleep, and I had a sex dream. A stupid sex dream." She spoke fast, like every word was going to kill her to say slow.

          "You dreamt of us?" Ivy asked, hopeful.

          Reagan glared at her. "I'm not answering something you clearly know the answer to. I'm not feeding your egos."

          Well, she already did that.

          "Why haven't you been able to orgasm?" I stood awaiting her response.

          "I don't know. I just haven't."

          I thought back to what Karina said this morning about Reagan eventually going to break. Her body will win this battle she is having with her conscience, and she will want to have sex with us.

          I looked at her. "You know why." I pointed out, not needing to say anything else to explain my meaning.

          "I'll fight it then." She said, continuing to pack her bag.  

A/N: It's a short chapter, I know, but I will make it up to you all. We'll be getting into some heavy plot in a few chapters, so be patient. Anyway, thank you for reading. Hope you all are still enjoying the story!