TBT 05

"Huy, ano nang balita sa 'yo??" Rinig ko ang kaibigan na nagsasalita sa kabilang linya. Elle started the conference call and I'm sure that she has others joined before she actually added me. It has been fifteen minutes since I started sitting down the guy whom I really find attractive. Ngayon ay nasa tabi ko siya dahil isang table lang na may two chairs, facing the wall, ang available. Or so I thought. . .

Lumingon ako saglit para libutin ang buong coffee shop. 

I raised my hand to push my AirPods in my right ear and covered it with my hair strands. Wearing a tube top under my convenient black hoodie and its matching pants, I made sure to make the guy notice me. But to no avail, he just sat there like I was a mere air. Like I don't exist. I don't like it. 

I cleared my throat trying to get his attention but it didn't work either. Pasuko na ako nang marinig ko ang boses ng mga kaibigan, "Ano, hindi ka na ba magsasalita diyan?" 

"Watch me raw, oh," panggagaya ni Azi sa reply ko kanina. 

"Tanungin mo na lang kasi yung pangalan, beb," sabi naman ni Diez. Sunod kong narinig ay ang mahinang pag tawa ni Threia, "Matapang ka naman, 'di ba? Ang tapang-tapang mo nga makipag-date sa hindi mo naman gano'n kakilala, kahit na hindi mo type 'yung itsura. Iyan pa kaya?" 

I want to diss them all and tell them to wait, but I can't. I'd look like a weirdo who talks to herself, a stranger who acts a little bit loony in public places. 

What if he frequents this place, though? 

But he doesn't look American at all. 

Maybe a little bit, with his style. His black hoodie that coincidentally matches mine, his jeans, white canvas shoes, and his silver-ish headphones with cute little stickers on them. Other than that, he looks somehow Asian with how his eyes are in a downturned way, his tall nose, and the overall visual of his face. He radiates innocence, somehow. 

"Chance?" The word that came out of the crew's mouth made the guy beside me budge a bit. He picked up his phone while I pretended to look at my fingernails while side-eyeing him and his movement. Other than his headphones, I realized that he had a guitar case with him. Something I didn't notice when I entered the coffee shop. 

Chance. His name is Chance. 

Before he could stand up and leave I managed to sneak in a piece of tissue paper I was holding where I wrote my number when I was ordering at the counter. I did not write my name, though, because I still think that my privacy matters. It's up to him kung it-text niya ako, well, it's a phone number I only use when I'm in the US, so it doesn't really matter if I give it to a handsome stranger. 

The guy officially left our table and made his way to the counter, I watched his every movement in secret until he walked out of the door. 

<     lucky girlies

08:06 PM

Mrs. Elle Choi

ANG BASTOS, NAG END NG CALL 

threia

nakausap mo ba sha, tasha lovie?

Riye Azaleah
I bet you, hindi niya kinausap

Natatameme iyan kapag type niya na 'yung kaharap e