TBT 41

I'm wearing my usual, university, style. My washed-out jeans fit my body perfectly complemented by the white shirt I'm wearing, and blend with the brown puff jacket my parents got for me when I visited a week ago helps me feel more comfortable but fashionable while doing my duties both as a student and leader.

One, two, three, four. 

It's like a pattern on the floor every time I tap my shoes on it, emitting a sound that does not disturb other people but enough to attract attention. I smiled at the crew who signed at me, asking if I was ready to take my order, "I'll have my usual acai drink, Luella," I've known her as most of the time she serves me my orders and requests. 

"Kinakabahan ka? Date?" 

"No..." Tumaas ang kanan niyang kilay, simbolo na hindi siya naniniwala sa sinasabi ko. I'm telling the truth, though. This is actually far from being a date. Although I don't know the real agenda of this meeting I'm assuming he's going to make it clear to me that I shouldn't expect anything more from him... and I already briefed myself for that instant. 

"Minsan lang kitang makitang kabahan," pagsasalita ni Luella habang sinusulat ang order ko sa papel, "Kung sino man iyan, dapat imaging grateful sila, no." 

I smiled at her and mouthed, "Thank you." 

"Ano ka ba!" She waved her hand, "Naka follow ako sa confession page kaya alam ko na ikaw yung nags-send doon... mutuals tayo sa Instagram at puro California ang post mo nung nakaraan, asus," right. I can't believe I forgot that she's a student here for a second. I don't need to lie na pala, I'm sure she's very aware with the way she talks. 

"Your secret's safe with me, though," she winked at me. I laughed, "Oh, come on." 

"Senyasan mo na lang ako kapag may kailangan ka, ha? Good luck!" 

Dumating si Chance five minutes before twelve. He's heaving badly, maybe because he got here by running. 

"Am I late? I'm sorry I'm late," was his first words. I dismissed him by shaking my head, "No, you're not. I'm just early. My class ended thirty minutes before time, e. You?" 

"Kakagaling ko lang sa SOL 3," he mentioned the subject code kaya naman ay napatango ako, "And the man can speak Tagalog," pagpupuna ko. Napansin kong namula ang tainga niya dahil doon habang hinihila ang upuan na naka pwesto sa tapat ko. 

"Yes, I speak Tagalog. I lived here since I was twelve, so..." 

"Pero before that taga Boston ka talaga?" He nodded at me. 

"You? California?" It was my turn to nod for affirmation. 

"What a small world," he added. I agree with his sentiment, "Indeed, what a small world." 

If I'd known earlier that I'd meet a guy who could make me feel the way he does, I'd fly out every moment I have free time to spare. 

We both ordered the same amount of food. Two plates of pasta, his pasta is Aglio Olio and mine's Carbonara. We got the same burger, the biggest one, and a large coke to wash it all down. In between bites, we talk and it goes well... at least for me it did. 

"Everything you said on the Facebook post," he cleared his throat, "you mean it?" 

"Yes, I do," I muttered. 

"So, you want to meet me again because I've been occupying your mind for quite some time?" I fired back a question. He nodded at me, "Also because I want to get to know you..." 

I know I feel shocked but I try not to make it obvious so I hid it between slow nodding and smirking at him, "Because?" 

"You're fun to talk to, you helped me one time, and I've heard good things about you," he explained to me. 

"I also stalked your social media accounts, copied your posts, and put you in the spotlight," I reminded him, and he shook his head, "But it was all harmless, right? You didn't mean to put me in a tight spot, and you don't mention me in your posts... except that one time." 

"You saw that?" I asked in a surprised tone. 

"No, but I received the notification." 

"I was drunk," I defensively said. He chuckled at me, "Yeah, I know. Ben told me that the following day when I asked him and his girlfriend," I nodded for understanding, "Who happens to be my friend that probably tolerated me of my action that night." 

We both laughed at everything that happened. 

All the time he was quietly speaking, I loved his soft-spoken tone, his gentle approach, and his thoughtfulness when he noticed I needed another refill for my drink. 

"You want to get to know me on a deeper level but I shouldn't expect anything more than the line of friendship as you're not ready for a relationship," I summarized everything that we talked about. 

"The friendship line is wavering... but yeah." 

"We'll take this slow?" He nodded at me like an obedient puppy. 

I extended my hand out, "This is long overdue, but whatever, I'm Anastasia... what's your name?" 

"I'm Anthony, but my friends call me Anton," he chuckled after he replied. 

"Thank you for today, Anton." 

"No, I should be the one thanking you, Anastasia."