Chapter 1 - First Impression

The club on the Sunset Strip had a line of people queing, a line of unspecified gender cluster in pools of leather and neon, holding half-full beer bottles or empty shot glasses. The chatter of voices and clack of high heels was momentarily drowned out by a choir of Harley Davison engines roaring by.

Inside, there was a tightly-packed crowd, hairspray smog and smoke making it hard to see as you tried to make out what the band on the tiny venue really looked like. It looked to be five men in last night's make-up, dressed in leather. The drape behind them read 'Guns N Roses', with a logo to match. (yes, guns wore makeup back in the day..)

The song rattled to a halt and the singer – a rail-thin streak of rage with his ginger hair sweaty from performing a night opened his mouth. "You have to excuse me," he said. "I haven't been asleep in 48 hours and I feel like my head's gonna explode. Here's the last song for tonight, Welcome To The Jungle, baby!" 

Your friend, Mia, giggled to you. "Isn't he kinda cute?"

"Who? The short ginger?" You giggled back, shaking your head. "No way, Mia."

"I want to talk to him afterwards. He's hot. I call tabs."

"No fucking need to." You giggled again, listening to the tune they were finishing off with. Good music. 

It was a Friday night at the Whisky A Go Go. As a young girl who just got out of high school and loved music, this was the place to be. You lived in an apartment together with your childhood bestie Mia, who also loved music. Right now she worked as a bartender, and you at the local 7-Eleven. Just a temporary job for a couple of months until you decided how and where to study. 

"Excuse me, could I buy you a drink?" You looked up to see a scruffy-looking middle-aged man. Ew. 

You quickly gave Mia a peep and then back to the stranger. A free drink? "Sure, man." You gave him a smile and Mia grinned as you stood up to follow the man to the bar. 

"What's your name?" He asked.

"It's (Y/N). You?"

"How beautiful. Just like you. I'm Freddy. What would you like to drink?" 

"I'd like an Aperol Spritz, please." You decided.

The man went ahead and ordered your drink, and you small-talked for a moment before you excused yourself and headed back to Mia, who had grown bored of waiting alone and found her own new companion. 

A blonde guy with fluffy hair. "(Y/N), this is Steven." 

"Hi, Steven." You greeted and sat down by the table, took a sip out of your straw.

"Hi, (Y/N)." He said back, his blue eyes hiding behind those light strands of his. "Did you like us?"

"Oh, he's in the band?" You looked at Mia, then back at him. "You were on the drums, or?" You remembered noticing a whirlwind of blonde hair behind the drums earlier. 

"That's right. Steven Adler." He showed his charming smile. "I don't think I've ever seen such pretty best friends. Wanna... You know... Uh, how far is your apartment from here?"

"Pfft," You scoffed, looking at your friend, then back at the wasted guy in front of you. "No, thanks."

Steven shrugged, still grinning, "Aw, man. You sure? I'll make it worth it."

"No, thanks." You repeated, this time your tone slightly less amused.

"Well, me and my pals are gonna head to a party, wanna join?" He tried again.

"I think we're heading home, actually." Mia replied.

"Who are these beautiful girls?" You looked up to see a new face, a face hidden behind dark curls. The man ran his hand through the thick mane of his, flashing a smile.