Chapter 14 - Not over you

Time passed like always. Days became darker and colder and winter was just around the corner. A loud night on Sunset Strip had come to an end and (Y/N) took a cab home with Lisa to her apartment in Silver Lake, giggling as they got into the elevator and stumbled into her room. 

"I can't believe you slapped that guy!"

"He was being super nasty, Lisa! He literally wouldn't let me go, he held his hand on my boobs and everything, dude."

"I'm guessing he didn't imagine you'd fight back, huh?"

"Fucking men."

"About that, how's it going with them?"

"With men?" (Y/N) and Lisa sat down on her bed, girltalking. "There's this pretty cute guy that studies social sciences and he's like, he's got this cute dark rockstar hair and I think he's a drummer in some bad band with a stupid name, but he's like, really cute. And we've talked a couple of times and he invited me to see his band play."

"Did you see them?"

"No, I'd get the ick so bad." She giggled, lying down on her back, hugging her pillow. 

"It's the worst when they're cute and think that they're good at something but absolutely sucks. Do you think that's what people think about us? We don't even have any name for our band. Anyways. Well, Motley is playing in San José next weekend. Wanna see them?"

"Motley? Since when do you wanna see Motley?" 

Lisa shrugged. "I just thought it would be fun. You'd get us in for free." 

"I don't want to hang out with them."

"Well, okay. Uhh, Motörhead is playing in a few weeks in San Francisco but I think it was all sold out."

"Just ask, we can just ask someone. Like, Anthony Kiedis? He might know someone." 

"So you wanna see Motörhead?"

"Fuck yeah."

"Alright, you little metalhead."

"Metal? It's Rock N' Roll."

"Whatever. Are they cute?"

"Motorhead?" (Y/N) giggled. "They're all at least 40."

"That's not what I asked."

"Well, I don't think they're especially cute. They're not all old though. The drummer's young."

"Well, boy do I like me a drummer." 

"Me and Mia saw The Rolling Stones live when we were 15. That was pretty amazing."

"I've always wanted to see them. Are we gonna take your Ford all the way to San Francisco or train or, what are we doing?"

"Train takes like 10 hours while car is faster. Like 6 hours."

"And you drive fast. So let's say 5."

"Should we call Anthony? After party and stuff. And we gotta find a hotel."

~~

They sure as hell got their free VIP tickets and an invitation to an after party at this recording engineer's house. The car ride didn't feel like 5 hours, chatting and singing and listening to Motörhead and trying to learn all the lyrics for their setlist.

They arrived to their hotel room and unpacked, showered and put on makeup. (Y/N) wore a cute black mini dress with a leather jacket over and tall white boots, and jewelry and sunglasses in her hair. They took a cab and made their appearance backstage, got some beers in their system and then went out to watch the band play.