Chapter 3 - Bet!

He lit your cigarette and then his own. "You really didn't know we were playing here tonight?"

"No, seriously." You said and took a drag. "Me and my friend didn't really have any plans for tonight besides to go out after her shift and have a drink somewhere."

"See, what'd I tell ya? Faith." He grinned, exposing his crooked teeth. God, he was cute. "A shame you only heard one song, though. You should uh, come to the studio someday. Hear us rehearse. I swear we're awesome."

"I'll take your word for it." You simply replied.

"Oh, are you really that boring, (Y/N)?" He groaned. 

You scoffed and raised your eyebrows at him, "Bo- you calling me boring?"

"All you do is say no. Come on." He said playfully, inhaling smoke. He was right, you weren't exactly easy to charm. 

"Oh, I'm not boring, I just- see, the first impression I got of you was when you and your... ugh, your dick of a friend dropped like, three bottles of beer-"

"I know, I know, I know." He cut you off with a snicker, "I'm sorry about that, okay? I swear Lars is a good guy." 

You rolled your eyes again. "Okay, sure."

"So you agree that you're boring?"

"B- How- I'm not boring!" You defended yourself. 

"Okay, look." He grinned. "I dare you to grab a bottle of Jack's from the bar."

"Wh-" You scoffed again. "A bottle from the counter?"

"Exactly." He nodded. "You're not boring, are ya?"

His demeanor had really changed from this nervous teenage boy-type to a confident rockstar, and he looked at you as though you already stood defeated. 

"Bet." You replied and took a quick drag to exhale a cloud in his face before you quickly turned around and headed through the door, leaving him surprised outside. He was quickly right behind you again as you made your way toward the bar, trying desperately to think of a way to win this bet. 

Okay. Okay, (Y/N), think of something. You took a deep breath as Kirk leaned on the counter right next to you, looking ready to be entertained. You briefly squinted your eyes at him and then turned to the bartender.

"What can I get for you?" The woman asked.

"Uhh..." You thought for a second. "A uh..."

"You need a moment to think?" She asked. 

"Yeah, actually. Maybe I do." You said and shot another glare at Kirk who snickered.

This made the bartender turn her head to your company. "Wow! Kirk Hammett, you were amazing tonight! Oh, my God."

To be fair, you understood the bartender's reaction. God, the man was fine.

You swallowed, took a couple of steps to the other side, toward the little aperture by the wall, listening to their small talk. And you scanned the shelves, your eyes finally landing on an almost full Jack Daniel's. Bingo. You looked at the tiny country-looking bar doors below, the only thing standing between you and that bottle. You looked back at Kirk who was busy charming the bartender, then you looked out to the crowd behind you. And back at the bottle. Okay. You could do this. Definitely. You were not gonna lose this bet to some stupid wannabe rockstar boy. 

One, two, three. You slipped through the low doors, stepped straight forward to the shelf and grabbed the bottle, and oh, why not the Jägermeister next to it, too? You slipped right back out, praying to God that the bartender didn't notice as you power-walked through the crowd until you finally allowed yourself to look over your shoulder.