Chapter 5 - Tour Bus

You'd been hanging out with the guys in the studio for almost two hours, sipping on beers and laughing, cracking jokes and getting to know each other. They had played a couple of songs for you, and it's like nothing you've heard before, with wild drums and intense guitar and a roaring singer. 

"So, what do your parents think of your life and your friends here in LA?" James asked into the mic as he and Kirk stepped over to the sofa to... interview(?) you. 

"Oh, uhh..." You mumbled into the mic, hearing your own voice echoing out in the speakers. 

"What, you keeping us a secret?" Kirk asked with a grin. 

"Otherwise they'd disown me all over again," You spoke into the mic and giggled, "Just kidding. What about yours? What do your parents think about your life style?"

"Well, heheh." Kirk shrugged.

"They're proud, you know, and happy that there's some success coming along with Master Of Puppets." Cliff explained. "Otherwise they'd be pretty worried. I guess mine were pretty worried when they realized that I was gonna join a band and said, 'fuck education'! They understood though, since... Well, my brother died when I was 13, and I promised that I was gonna be the best bass player in the world after that. And I'm working on it, ya know."

"You are the best, already." Lars encouraged his friend.

You nodded, empathic that the guy revealed such a tragic part of his life for you, even though you just met.

"My parents support me." Lars then said. 

"Yeah, Lars and Cliff's parents are into it, you know. And my dad's... Well..." James laughed and spoke into the mic again, "Hell, I suppose you're in LA for a reason, too, (Y/N)." 

Kirk started to strum the familiar intro to California Dreamin'.

James lit up and directed the mic back to his face, "All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray, I've been for a walk, on a winter's day... Stopped in to a church... Hey, you gotta know this one, right?" He pointed the mic back to you.

"I passed along the way... Well, I got down on my knees!" God, the alcohol and weed was the only reason you actually dared to sing in front of the men, "And I pretend to prayyy..." And luckily, you sang good. 

"Wait, she can sing?" Lars asked from behind the drums.

Kirk scoffed and shrugged, "Apparently." He looked back at you, still playing the melody on the guitar.

You scoffed too, and pointed the mic back to James who was grinning. He said, "You gotta learn our songs, then. You got any of our albums?"

You shook your head.

"What?" He sighed and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Unacceptable. I can't believe you." Kirk sighed, too, then gave you a playful smile.

"You better get 'em first thing in the morning, (Y/N)." Cliff said. 

"Go to that record store we met in, they should have them. Tower Record's the best." 

~~

You spent another hour with the guys until they were gonna head to a bar like Kirk mentioned, but you decided to call it a night and go home to Mia instead and tell her about your evening. 

"They're like, super chill." You said. "You gotta meet them sometime."

"I'd love to. That Kirk guy looked good." 

"Man, I don't think I've laughed that much in ages." You said as you remembered the uncontrollable laughter whenever someone had said something funny, and someone had added something funnier.