Chapter 8 - Police!!

(Y/N) thumped her pillow again and sank back into it. The window was open. A breeze caused the curtains to billow so that one brushed her face and she groaned, pushed the bedclothes down to the foot of the bed and finally got up. It was a waste of time trying to fall asleep again. She couldn't stop thinking about yesterday, all the conversations and things that had happened, and the fact that she met Ozzy fucking Osbourne, and that she was friends with Metallica, and that she really needed a shower.

Yeah, (Y/N) needed a shower to get out of yesterday's clothes and wash off the smell of cigarettes and booze. Once she did, she felt better. It didn't help with the headache, but she felt less ill as she put on some clean clothes and picked up her notebook. She wasn't ever going to be a musician or something, but she had this secret that she really loved poetry and lyrics.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

She quietly snuck to the door and looked through the peephole to see a familiar Kirk Hammett with a guitar, in jeans and a tee. He knocked again, and waved as though he knew she was on the other side of the door, looking at him. 

"(YYY/NNN)?? You awake?" He yelled.

(Y/N) snorted and unlocked the door, and Kirk barged right inside and sat down on the bed. "Good morning to you, too." She mumbled. 

"Listen." Kirk said as he started strumming a melody. It wasn't metal, it was calm and kind of sweet. (Y/N) stood by the door watching him, and she couldn't help but think that he looked awfully pretty there in her bed, playing on the acoustic. And there was some unholy thought there in the back of her head too that she fought back. "It's supposed to be electric of course," He explained as he continued with the melody, "And James can figure out the lyrics. But you know, something like this, in this melody," He hummed along to the guitar.

She nodded, her head tilted and arms crossed as she listened.

"And it's not gonna be all sweet and soft, you know, we'll add some nice drums and a cool guitar solo, you know." He stopped and looked up at her. "I have no idea what the lyrics are gonna be like but something, you know, deep or whatever. I just call the melody 'One' right now. What'd you think?"

"I like it." She said and let her arms hang limp by her sides to look less judgemental. "A lot. I like it a lot." She was still processing the fact that Kirk had barged into her room to show her a song, she loved it. "What else you got?"

"Oh, I'd need an electric to show you." He grinned at her with those crooked teeth. "But I'll show you when we're back in LA. About that, you got your bags packed and stuff?"

"Mh-hm." She nodded. "Or, well, not really. But it's not much to pack." She looked around the room, and it was true, (Y/N) hadn't made that much of a mess. She had some clothes and an empty water bottle on the TV table, and some makeup and her toothbrush in the bathroom, but that was about it, really. 

"Alright." Kirk played some random riff on the guitar. "Can you play anything?"

"I've told you I can't. Or well, I can play Smoke On The Water."

"Come here." He said breezly.

(Y/N) creased her eyebrows as she stepped over to the bed, sat down next to him, leaving enough space between them for another person to sit. He handed over the guitar.

"Show me." 

"Well, alright, Jeez." She said, suddenly even more nervous about having him there in her bed, and she placed her hands over the body and the neck of the guitar. "Okay." She cleared her throat, making Kirk smile harder when she played the wrong note. Twice. "Wow, something's wrong with your guitar, Kirk, you should probably tune it."