Chapter 9 - A Private Lesson

There was a lot going on in (Y/N)'s personal life right now. She was busy! She had a new best friend, Lisa, who she actually thought was like, one of the coolest girls ever. They hung out often, and went to lunches or parties together and met their other girl-friends. And she still liked to hang out with some of the Guns even if they often were shooting up and hanging around others that did, such as Nikki Sixx and Robbin Crosby. (Y/N) also tried to make time for Mia and Mia tried to make time for her, busy with a new boyfriend in San Gabriel Valley.

And of course, (Y/N) had the guys from Metallica. 

It had been several months since they first met, and a little over a week since they last met. (Y/N) had come to the studio in LA with takeout and beer and they had never been happier to see someone in their whole life. They hung out for several hours, eating and drinking and (Y/N) watched the guys play and joke around. She was a new good friend to them, a sarcastic but caring mascot. And a hot one. But the guys knew she was off-limits and hey, she didn't seem to be interested in them like that at all, always platonic, turning their flirtatious jokes down. 

Hanging out in the music scene mainly contained a lot of booze and that sorta stuff, but (Y/N) also liked to meet them sober, even if they often weren't. Not that the crazy parties and shows weren't fun, they were awesome, but there were more to their relationship than that.

Anyways, they had come back from a show in Ohio and James and Kirk were hanging out in (Y/N)'s and Mia's apartment, Mia being away at her boyfriend's. 

(Y/N) drifted out of the doorway, her left arm raised to her forehead, her right arm trailing behind, "Alright, guys, I'll be back in a few hours." She said, "Please don't burn the place down."

"Can you bring some Chinese back?" James asked.

"I don't know, can I?" She said while she put on her coat. "If it'll keep you from wrecking the apartment, then, yeah."

The boys had persuaded her to let them stay there for the day and night while Lars would stay at some girl's place and Cliff would go to the mountains with some friends to do acid.

"Just feel at home. We don't have too much in the fridge, I'm afraid. So I'll bring back food. See you in a bit." She said as she closed the door to go to work.

Kirk and James were very happy that she trusted them to be alone there with all her belongings and stuff. They weren't gonna look around, no, they were gonna behave and wait for her to come back. But they did take a look in her fridge and it was depressing. Two bottles of cider, a package of grapes and a carton of milk. 

They had brought their acoustic guitars and were strumming and chatting in her couch. Her apartment wasn't very spacey, but big enough for two girls and their stuff. Fashion magazines on the TV table and some pink nail polish. A vase with flowers at the dinner table, an empty bottle of Chardonnay and a shopping list that simply said 'wine', 'cigarettes' and 'tomatoes'. More flowers in the window next to fragrance sticks. Were fragrance sticks good for plants? Kirk didn't think so, but they seemed to be alive and well. 

The apartment was on the 5th floor of a 9 story building. Without a balcony but with a fire escape. Which was perfect to smoke at. Or an easy way to get to her without having to wait at the entrance and take the stairs or elevator inside and have to ring her bell and whatever. 

(Y/N) worked a pretty short shift this particular Wednesday. She stopped by a supermarket to pick up some groceries. It was embarrassing to have guests at home and nothing to give them. Not even something to drink! And then she stopped by this nice Chinese restaurant to pick up some food and then she returned back home.

"Let me help you." James offered as she stepped inside with the bags.

"Geez, this week's shopping's done, huh?" Kirk said as he also hurried over to her.