Chapter 18 - Finally ;)

(Y/N) hurried home from uni and work to get in the shower and make herself ready for yet another adventurous night. James were gonna pick her up at 8 and then they were gonna get Lisa as well. They shared a reefer in the car ride to Topanga. It was a big mansion by the beach with tall white fence around the big lot.

They parked the car in the big garage. "Perfect, pea gravel so I can break my ancle." (Y/N) said as she stepped outside in her white boots and the two others snickered. "Wooow, it's nice."

"Really really nice." Lisa agreed as they knocked on the door and the acquaintance, a dude in his early 30s, opened the door. He hugged them all welcome and led the way to the kitchen where Kirk and Lars and Jason already were hanging out, together with Debbie and an unknown dude. Lisa showed her bartender skills and made the three girls a drink and they sat down to chit-chat. The night went on with more alcohol and laughter.

(Y/N) and Kirk went to the kitchen to get a beer from the fridge and Lars followed them. "Hey, I kinda feel like getting a glass of whiskey instead of beer. You guys feel me? Let's get the bottle."

"No, I want a beer." (Y/N) replied. She wasn't angry with Lars or anything but his existence slightly annoyed her after yesterday's conversation with Kirk.

"Alright, Jeez. I'll go to the living room and get the whiskey all by myself then. In this big lonely house. In these lonely hallways." He said dramatically.

"He's too dumb to understand that he should apologize." Kirk noted the interaction.

(Y/N) opened the fridge to get two cans out. "It's whatever. Forgotten. Forgiven and forgotten."

Kirk nodded. "Uhh, I've got this riff I'm working on by the way. If you wanna hear it. Randall's got a bunch of cool instruments in the basement. A guitar signed by Jimi Hendrix. And Eric Clapton."

"What the fuck? Like, for real? That's insane."

"For real." He nodded.

"Hey, you never... Yesterday before James and Lisa came you kinda assumed that I was seeing someone. Was that just you guessing or did someone tell you something?"

"I feel like our friends are trying to sabotage for us. It was Lisa who said that."

"Ohh." (Y/N) giggled and shrugged. "Look, she probably didn't mean no harm, just like Lars didn't. I hung out with Kelly Nickels and we had dinner a week ago or something like that. He's sweet and all but it's nothing romantic at all. I don't like him like that."

"Oh." Kirk nodded. "So... You're not seeing anyone?"

"No." She giggled.

"Well, I'm not either. Just so you know. Seeing anyone, I mean." He said.

She narrowed her eyes at him with a wry smile. "Okay." She said with a wink before she headed back to the others. Kirk felt the corner of his own lips turn up as he followed her. They both gotta be feeling the same vibe tonight. Hell, it was worth a shot. The only question left was how and when he was gonna aim for it. He just really wanted one more sign that she was into him.

"Hey, that eyebrow piercing is cool." (Y/N) complimented Randall who was the owner of the house.

"Thanks. I couldn't feel it when I got it done." He smiled at her. "It looks pretty rad."

"Did it hurt to pierce your nose?" Lisa asked (Y/N). "I tried piercing mine but I think I placed it too far up so I removed it. And it hurt as fuck."

"Not at all, no." (Y/N) shook her head. "I pierced my uhm, what's it called... you know, smiley? And my nostril once before but I took it out. And pierced it again cause I changed my mind. And I pierced my septum too. You know, rebellious 15 year old stuff. Girl stuff. Me and my friends pierced each others' ears a hundred times."