Chapter 6 - Dancing

Judast Priest's 'Breaking the Law' was what was playing at the club tonight, for the second time in what, 30 minutes? You sighed as you stirred the straw in the glass in your hand, pondering the choices of chugging it and letting the guy order shots to get this party going, or tell him to just fuck off already. 

"So that's when I said, 'We should've probably thought about that... before'!!" The guy in front of you finished the punchline and you forced a giggle. You'd forgotten his name, but he had kept you by the bar for probably almost 10 minutes now, and you felt bad each time you tried to excuse yourself but he found another thing to say and just, couldn't, for the love of God, take the hint and leave you alone. 

"That's crazy." You said probably for the fifth time, looking back to the crowd and peeping the Metallica-crew looking awfully caught up in some funny conversation, laughing and sipping on their beers.

"Yeah, you know what else is crazy?"

"There are lots of crazy things in this world." You looked back at the dude. "Anyways, like I said, I gotta get back to my friends, you know, my boyfriend-"

"One time, this crazy thing happened to my buddy Eric. We-"

"Wow, haha, yeah." You cut him off. "Save that story for another time, man. I really gotta get going. Have a nice life." 

"Aww, what a shame. I'll save it for our date. We really have great chemistry, don't we?"

Jesus Christ. "No. I said I have a boyfriend, dude."

"Well, he doesn't have to know-"

"Oh, fuck off already." You groaned and rolled your eyes, turned around and finally just left, too tired to act nice any longer. 

"Heyyy, (Y/N)! Took you long enough to get that drink." Cliff greeted you as you sat down next to him again.

"Yeah, this dude just wouldn't stop talking, man." You yawned. 

"You seem bored." Lars simply said.

"Well, I was bored because of that guy, yeah." You explained, trying your best to put on a smile. That's when the familiar tune of 'I want a Woman' by Ratt started playing. "Oh, finally something to dance to."

"Dance?" Lars asked.

"Yeah. You look like you can dance. Right?" You took another sip from your drink before you put it down on the table. 

"Dance? No, I can't dance." Lars scoffed, and was obviously waiting for you to try and argue and beg him to do so, but instead you turned to James who sat on your right, and he nodded quickly and stood up and followed you through the crowd out on the dance floor. 

James held his hands out to yours, the tall man looking quite nervous all of a sudden, like he had no idea what to do next. You took his hands and giggled, drew him closer to you as the song continued,

'The problem with you, is that I can't get through, and I'm as through as I can get',

And then you were swinging him around the dance floor, him barely managing to keep up - he was taller and clumsier. But the grin on his face was priceless - James was having fun.

"I want a woman, not some little girl, who had to grow up in daddy's big world..." You sang along, and reached his hand up to make an attempt to twirl the man around and he lowered his upper body to fit under your arm in a uncoordinated spin. 

He let out a loud laughter and now it was your time to be spun around, your hair flying until he pulled you close to dip you down. You were surprised by the move, but felt safe in his strong arms, as he then lifted you up again and you continued to swing around the floor to the guitar solo.