Chapter 2: To Make Amends

⚠️TW: MENTIONS GUNS AND BLOOD⚠️

All of the avengers were suppose to sign the Accords but when the government was still going over the documents, Friday had activated a protocol which led Tony to fly out the window.

Everyone was wondering what it was about but Rhodey assured everyone that everything's ok. 

Until it wasn't because Tony had never came back. They never got his signature and he's the only one left who had to sign. The meeting had been hours but when the signing had came, it was like a flood of relief had washed over.

Except not entirely because Tony still isn't back yet. Rhodey knows Karen had activated the protocol and let Friday know. He knows the kid was in some deep shit but he doesn't know anything.

"There was an apartment complex that got on fire. Spider-Man had saved everyone before rushing back inside claiming one more was still there when Iron Man had came. Nobody saw the two leave but the firefighters didn't find anyone in there" Nat speaks up, reading an article.

"Pepper said neither of them are the tower" Rhodey states after sending brief texts to her.

"Then they have to be missing, right?" Steve questions because it's the only logical statement.

"Just to be clear, the new Accords cannot pass without Mr. Starks signature" the senator reminds everyone.

"We know, you only said it a billion times since he left" Sam scoffs.

"He wouldn't miss out on this unless he and spidey are in trouble" Rhodey informs when a text came through on his phone. "Pepper just said neither of their suits are online and haven't been online since the fire."

Everyone starts talking at once when the screen glitches from the Accords to a man. Rhodey feels himself freeze up immediately because he knows that man. That bald man with a mustache and a beard, wearing a business suit. He hadn't seen that man since Tony supposedly killed him but now here he is, on the tv screen.

"He's hacked into everything" Vision voices everyone's answer to their questions.

"Hello people of the world! I've been working on a project and I want to share it all with you! This project has taken me years and now...now I can finally start it! My name is Obadiah Stane and you are all in for a marvelous treat!" Obadiah laughs.

"I thought he was dead" Clint gasps.

"Apparently not" Bruce replies.

"Look at my brother! He dies but never really dies. He must have the same ability!" Thor compares.

"I am going to leave something broadcasting for you all to watch. Your phones, computers and iPads will no longer be affected after later today but your TVs, the screens plastered in New York City, those are still going to be affected. I can't let you all miss out on the fun, can I?" Obadiah questions with a smirk.

"It is true" Vision supplies.

"He must have got them at the fire and that's why nobody saw them leave" Wanda theorizes.

"I have two special guests that you'll be seeing very soon. A camera will be where they're staying at all times. You can try to hack into the stream and you can try to find them but I wouldn't bet on it. They're going to get what they deserve" Obadiah states.

"Happy said Friday is tracking it right now" Rhodey assures.

"They won't even know you're all watching! How funny will that be?! You all may think Stark had killed me and this is an old message that's being broadcasting but that's where you are wrong. I managed to live and now there are consequences. Have fun finding them" Obadiah snickers.