Chapter 15: People Suck

"Guys, please stay after class" Mr. Harrington tells Peter, Ned, Flash, and Abe once they finally came back. He only doesn't hold Charles because he sent Charles to find them. 

The teens all murmur an ok before heading to their seats. They get some odd looks from classmates but ignore them and sit down.

Mj sits behind Ned and Peter besides Paige. She secretly writes something down on a post it and hands it to Ned.

Ned takes it and opens it up.

Sensory overload?

Ned discreetly writes back a, yeah and hands the post it back. 

It doesn't take long into the period before Mj and Ned sees Peter sleeping. Mr. Harrington had also noticed but didn't say anything.

The bell finally rings, startling Peter awake. 

"You alright?" Ned asks.

"Yeah" Peter nods.

Teens start to filter out of the classroom but Ned, Peter, Flash, and Abe all stay behind.

"I'm sorry they were late sir, it was my fault" Peter tells Mr. Harrington before he can say anything.

"What? That was no way your fault" Abe argues.

"Ok, why don't you all tell me what happened so I know you weren't skipping class on purpose. You are all good students so I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be a valid reason" Mr. Harrington tells them.

"There was paparazzi outside and Peter couldn't get out of his car so Mr. Stark drove him down the road and Peter almost jumped out of the car until Mr. Stark slammed on the breaks. He jumped across rooftops and when he got behind the school a woman took a picture of him and he ran inside just as the bell rang so he got a sensory overload" Ned explains.

"Uhh yeah that's basically what happened" Peter nods.

"We were just trying to help" Flash adds.

"You didn't go to the nurse?" Mr. Harrington questions.

"The nurse can't do anything. I already took medicine and it's honestly better now. I'm sorry I slept during class by the way" Peter apologizes.

"That's ok, just try not to sleep in my class again and even if you feel like you can deal with it, please go to the nurse" Mr. Harrington informs.

Peter nods his head and doesn't say anything. 

"Can you give us some notes? Coach Wilson will kill us" Flash points out right before the bell rings.

"Of course, you're all going to gym?" Mr. Harrington asks just for them to all nod.

He quickly writes them a slip and hands it to Flash. They say their byes and thank yous before leaving the classroom.

"Maybe you should sit out of gym" Ned suggests.

"No, it's ok. I feel better now" Peter assures.

🕷

"I wonder if that woman is going to publish that photo" Mj wonders after Peter and Ned tells her the whole story.

"I doubt it. She felt really bad and dad's probably going to sue anyone who tries to publish a photo to me" Peter assumes.

He's not wearing his glasses anymore. The lights are still kinda bright but he can manage since it's not too bad.

Coach Wilson blows his whistle making all the teens jump. No one's ever prepared when he blows his loud whistle.