Chapter 13: Concerns For The Hero

"Peter! Where were you? Where did you get a slushee from and why didn't you grab me one?" Ned asks as Peter, Betty, and Sally walk into the decathlon room.

"Sorry, we went to 7/11 and got snacks for everyone" Peter apologizes.

"Really? I'm starving!" Ned practically shouts.

"We'll lay the snacks on the table and you guys can grab whatever" Cindy assures before her, Betty, and Peter dumps the bags of food.

"Thanks guys!" Sally thanks.

"None of you talk with your mouth open or you get a deduction from your points" Mj threatens making Abe ring the bell.

"Hey guys...oh I'm going to have to deal with sugar rush children" Mr. Harrington notices as he enters the room.

"It's mainly chips" Betty assures.

"Wait it's free slushee day!" Charles realizes.

"Yeah, that's why we went" Cindy nods.

"Wait, isn't our competition in two weeks?" Flash recalls.

"Yes so starting today practices will be harder. Get in your pairs and we'll start" Mj explains making everyone protest.

"Nice job reminding her" Abe rolls his eyes.

"Reminding me? It's called knowing the schedule. I already knew we had a competition" Mj states.

"Don't get her all mad! You're going to make today hell!" Cindy freaks out.

"Practice is already going to be hell. Now sit down with your partner and we'll start" Mj declares making everyone sit down next to their partner with a buzzer in the middle.

Peter is with Ned, Flash is with Charles, Cindy with Abe, and Sally with Betty while Mj  reads out her notecards. Whichever pair has the most points by the end of each category wins.

🕷

Peter and Ned won the science and engineer round. Flash and Charles won the history round. Cindy and Abe won the math round. Sally and Betty won the english and art round. After that they did some more practicing versing everyone opposed to being partnered up. Mj was yelling out the questions from left and right.

Once practice was over, everyone was starting to head home. Mj, Ned, and Peter were outside talking with each other while everyone else was getting picked up besides Flash who has a car.

"Are you patrolling?" Ned asks.

"Yeah...I think I'm going to start today" Peter nods.

"Guy in the chair?" Ned wonders.

"Text me when you get home" Peter assures.

"Yes! Mj you wanna come and help?" Ned invites.

"Sure, why not" Mj agrees.

"Yessss!! My mom is almost here to pick us up. I wonder if they'll be a lot of criminals!" Ned hypes everyone up.

"So you want there to be criminals?" Mj asks...ok well he hyped almost everyone up.

"No! Well I mean...no!" Ned denies making Peter let out a small laugh.

"I'm sure they'll be something" Peter assures. "I'm going to start heading to the alley. Your moms around the corner."

"I can't believe you get changed in an alleyway, that's gross" Mj points out.

"Dude, just get changed in the school. It's not like nobody knows" Ned suggests.

"I uhh maybe another time I'll try that" Peter claims.

"Have fun in the alley" Mj wishes.

"Thanks, cya guys!" Peter thanks before leaving right as Neds mom pulls up.