Chapter 7: It's The Middle Of The Night

⚠️TW: PANIC ATTACK, METHOD OF TORTURE⚠️

It's only been probably a few hours or so when Peter flinches hard, waking Tony. 

"What? What is it? Are you ok?" Tony wonders.

Tears are starting to fill Peters eyes and he throws his hands over his ears. Tony immediately understands what's going on since Peter had told him the first day when they had done this.

He instinctively pulls Peter in close. One ear is against Tony while the other is against Peter and his own hand. 

Tony knows he can't yell, it'll only hurt Peter worse but he so badly wants to scream at them to turn off that god awful ringing noise.

"It'll be ok bambino. It'll turn off eventually" Tony whispers.

Peter starts to cry while Tony continues to whisper assurances. 

"You're going to drive yourself into a panic attack. Try and listen to my heart" Tony instructs.

"I-I c-c-can't" Peter wheezes out between sobs.

"Yes you can. I know it's hard and the ringing is loud but you've done this a billion times before. Just focus your hearing on me" Tony assures.

Peter continues to cry but tries to do what Tony is asking. He hears Tony sucking deep breaths in and out, slowing his heart beat from the rapid speed it had became. Peter hears his heart getting back to normal speed and tries to copy. 

His concentration gets broken off when the ringing intensifies and he lets out a panicked shout. Tony is quick to reassure him and be with him every step of the way.

So, he keeps trying. He feels his whole body shaking as sobs rips away from his throat. He tries to focus his hearing back on Tony and his heart beat until he hears everything starting to slowly fade away.

He looks up at Tony in panic. He sees him talking but he can't hear him. The ringing gets fainter and fainter until black spots starts to invade his vision.

"Peter? Peter?! Shit!" Tony shouts. "Come on kid, you'll be alright."

Tony pulls Peter in closer for a hug even though they were already close enough. He feels a tear or two escape his eyes but he could care less at this point. 

He had just witnessed his kid being tortured after he had just been tortured a few hours prior.

Tony wants to scream at Obadiah. He wants to kill him slowly and painfully.

"I'm so sorry underoos. Everything will be ok soon. We're going to get out out of here. I'll kill that bastard" Tony whispers to Peter even though he's unconscious. "He's going to wish he never messed with you."

Notice, Tony had said "you" instead of "us". He honestly doesn't care what Obadiah does to him as long as he doesn't touch Peter but that's not what happened. He had tortured his son and now he's going to get what's coming for him. 

🕷

Betty had woke up to her sister screaming in the middle of the night. Sadly for her, both of her parents are on work trips so she has to go see what's up.

"Hailey, I thought you were asleep. You have school tomorrow" Betty sighs as soon as she opens her sisters bedroom door to see the light on.

"They just tortured Peter" Hailey tells her with tears in her eyes.

"What are you doing watching that?! What did they do?" Betty questions, taking the phone from her sisters hands to see Tony Stark crying and holding a limp Peter Parker.