Chapter 14: Nightmares and Sensory Overload

It's the middle of the night when Peter and Tony both fling up in their own beds and breathing heavily.

Friday had dimmed both of their lights in their own rooms. Tony looks at Pepper who is still asleep and quietly gets up.

Peter is quick to get his breathing under controlled and looks as the hallway lights go from being dark to dimmed. He knows Tony must be in the halls.

He waits until he hears Tony opening his door.

"You got a nightmare too?" Peter assumes.

"Yeah...you ok?" Tony asks as he shuts his door and walks over to the bed. 

Peter moves over, wanting Tony to sit down next to him, so he does.

"I'm fine, you?" Peter wonders.

"Fine" Tony answers.

"Is it ever going to end? These nightmares?" Peter asks.

"They won't happen as constant" Tony tells him only to see Peter looking sad. "You know, every avenger gets nightmares?"

"No, I didn't know that. I only knew Nat had nightmares" Peter shrugs.

"Wait you know Nat has nightmares but nobody else?" Tony questions.

"We were both up in the kitchen one time" Peter explains.

"Well then you see my point, every avenger has nightmares including Nat. We've all gotten nightmares from our line of work and they don't ever go away but they become less constant. I heard the more relax you are, the less you think about it, the more you move on...then it'll slowly start to stop" Tony explains.

Peter nods his head before leaning on Tony.

"You don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want" Tony suggests.

"I want too" Peter argues.

"Can you pack your sensory kit?" Tony asks.

"Why?" Peter questions.

"I'll feel better if you're carrying it around you just incase" Tony replies.

"You can tell me the real reason" Peter calls him out making Tony let out a sigh.

"Nat brought up to me that if word which probably has...if people know you went to school and patrolling, paparazzi and the news, they all might show up on the streets" Tony informs.

"I'll pack it but I'll be careful" Peter responds.

They stay quiet for a few minutes but neither of them go back to bed.

"You want to talk about what's been bothering you?" Tony asks.

"Not really, it's stupid" Peter sighs.

"I'm sure it isn't stupid" Tony assures.

"It is" Peter argues.

"Did someone say something on social media that you saw?" Tony wonders.

"Nothing I haven't seen" Peter claims.

"So something happened at school" Tony figures out making Peter go quiet. "You can tell me."

"It's just some students being annoying, that's all. I'm sure they're just surprised someone their age is the local vigilante" Peter shrugs.

"Pete, please tell me what they said" Tony pleads.

"They just said that they wished Obadiah kept me longer" Peter quietly tells him.

Tony feels his heart skip a beat and his breathing stop for a second.