Chapter 18: Happy National Spider-Man Day

Engineer was fun. Ned and Peter got to work on the code and structure of the robot. They're making a miniature RD D2 and it's looking pretty great so far.

It's now second period and they have English. They're working on the group assignment but they hadn't gotten into their groups yet. Ms. Noval is doing attendance and the loud speakers goes on to start their daily announcements.

Betty and Jason usually show up on there to give a recap on what their morning news announcements had been about and then other random students would say the pledge. That's how it always goes.

"Hello Tigers! I'm Betty Brant!" Betty announces.

"And I'm Jason Ionello! Incase you missed our news announcements, we have a small recap going for you" Jason starts with.

"Today is National Spider-Man Day and to show your support to the local hero, show off your merchandise! We have a contest during both lunch periods held in the auditorium. The winner for best merchandise outfit will be sent via email to claim their awards!" Betty explains.

Peter feels his cheeks light up in embarrassment. It's still weird that this whole day exists, let alone majority of the school dressing up.

"The awards contains webbed themed cookies, a Spider-Man plushie, and some Spider-Man themed candies! If you'd like to participant in the contest, please go to the auditorium during your lunch" Jason lists.

"Now for todays sports! The tennis team has a home game against the Ravens! Please go to show your support! The game starts at 4:15! Dress in school colors to represent Midtown!" Betty announces.

"And now, Lily and Annabella will be giving todays pledge! Thank you!" Jason thanks.

🕷

School is finally over and Peter is heading to AcaDec practice. Mj and Ned had ditched him and told him they'll meet him. He doesn't know why but he lets them go off anyways.

He's eating some chips and looks at the time so see that he should start heading over. He throws out his now empty bag and walks into the decathlon room to see everyone dressed in crazy Spider-Man merch.

"What the..." Peter trails off, staring at all of them.

"Don't you like it?!" Ned asks.

Ned's wearing the same outfit as early plus his Spider-Man glasses and hat. Mj is wearing the same shirt but also a Spider-Man necklace and Spider-Man pants. Cindy and Abe are wearing different Spider-Man onesies. Betty's wearing a Spider-Man hoodie with the hood up to reveal the big eyes of the mask along with Spider-Man pants.

Flash is wearing a Spider-Man leather jacket with Spider-Man pants and a Spider-Man shirt. Charles is wearing a Spider-Man long sleeve shirt with one of his memes and again, Spider-Man pants. Sally's wearing Spider-Man glasses, a webbed hair clip, and a Spider-Man shirt and pants.

Then for Mr. Harrington, he's also decked out in Spider-Man merch. He's wearing Spider-Man glasses, Spider-Man pants and a shirt, a Spider-Man watch, and a Spider-Man tie. The sight is bizarre to see.

"Wha-I...I don't understand" Peter stutters.

"Man this whole day is dedicated to you because everyone loves you!" Ned exclaims.

"You've saved us from our deaths in DC!" Abe points out.

"We said we'd never bring that up again!" Betty hits him before turning to Peter. "But you really did. You also help us outside of the suit."

"Yeah! You helped me ace my test!" Sally states.

"And you helped me find my phone!" Charles notes.

"You're one of the best students I've ever taught. I've seen you do some really good things and I know you're capable of even more" Mr. Harrington explains.