Aatu's Buffer

The Valghul, after fully taking a humanoid form again, stands up and cracks its neck before it speaks.

" And so The One's lap dog appears… "

Tom looks at the Valghul with disgust as he responds.

" You're outnumbered and you can't escape us. Release your grasp on Sir Arthur and we won't use the book on you. "

" Oh? Are you sure that's really an option? "

The Valghul says in a taunting demeanor.

" Using the book on me would only tamper with my host's existence, which puts your little plan to reunite him with his wife in jeopardy. "

The Valghul tilts its head down and looks directly at you with a menacing glare as it rolls up its sleeves and continues talking.

" As for being outnumbered, all I see before me is a weakened servant and a washed up myth that's unfamiliar with his powers. There's no need for me to escape. I'm going to kill both of you. "

Tom immediately throws the remaining five trees at the Valghul one after the other in quick succession. Each tree zips through the air like a bullet, but the Valghul disappears before the first tree makes contact and the trees crash into the ground and explode.

The Valghul suddenly reappears behind Tom in the air and spin kicks him as Tom tries to turn around, bringing its foot down on Tom's shoulder and launching him into the ground before disappearing again.

Your pulse quickens as you mentally prepare yourself for the fight, and in order to free your hands, you toss the book up and hold it telekinetically in the air above you. The Valghul suddenly reappears in front of you and throws multiple punches towards you rapidly, but your heightened perception and speed allow you to read the movements of the Valghul, barely weaving and dodging its strikes before Tom comes flying out of the woodwork to strike it from behind. In the blink of an eye, the Valghul turns around, catches Tom's fist, and swings him with one hand into the ground; and as Tom's body hits the ground, dirt and grass fly into the air from the sheer force of impact. The Valghul then raises its other fist to strike Tom while he's on the ground, but you take this opportunity while the Valghul has its back turned to you and its arm raised to grab its arm, swing your body, and heave it into the trees behind you. Trees shatter and fall down as the Valghul's body disappears into the jungle.

You kneel down next to Tom to check on him and you see that he looks beaten and bruised as he slowly gets up. Tom speaks to you in an exhausted demeanor as he wipes the dirt off of his torn up clothes.

" This tainted Light is fucking me up, Donny. "

You use your Trap eyes to peer inside Tom and you can see the tainted Light inside of his Darkness. The tainted Light appears to be red instead of white, and it's shaped like some sort of parasite.

" Let me take it from you. You have more experience dealing with Valghuli. Right now our best chance is having you be at your full strength. "

You say to Tom as you put your hand on his shoulder.

" No Donny. I won't burden you with this. I don't know how it'll affect you- "

You immediately sense the Valghul reapproaching from behind, but its trajectory appears to be aiming towards Tom, so you gently shove Tom away from you in order to spare him the incoming attack. As soon as Tom falls down, you see the Valghul arrive and dive forward, swinging its arm which it has transformed into some sort of pike, stabbing where Tom was with the intent to impale him. Upon missing the strike, the Valghul spins and swings its leg at your face with a kick, but you hold your forearm up to block the blow and the Valghul's shin creates a sonic boom when it makes contact with your arm.