Pads

The morning ends and mid-day begins as the three of you reach the abandoned house, and it looks like the whole place has been secured and boarded up with metal paneling recently. It's obvious that the owner of the house hasn't been home since it was secured, so you turn to Tom and ask him a question.

" You sure this is the place? "

Tom looks back at you and replies.

" Yup. This is where he said to meet him in order to discuss what he needed from us. "

" There's no way he's still here, just look at the place. It looks like we just came out here for nothing. "

Reylesh says with a defeated tone.

" I'm not seeing the Light or Darkness of any living organisms inside the house with my Trap Sight, but still, I wouldn't speak too soon. The least we can do is take a look around. "

Tom says before he starts approaching the front door. You and Reylesh follow him and stand beside him as he knocks on the door two times.

" Hello?! Anybody here!? "

Tom shouts. You look at him confused as to why he's knocking and he looks back at you playfully.

" It's polite to at least knock, ya know? "

Tom then immediately punches his fist through the solid steel door and unlocks it from the inside, then he pulls his arm out of the door and it slides open, making an automated noise that sounds like it's barely functional. As you look into the doorway, the dark and messy room on the inside looks ominous and creepy because you can see that the furniture and floor are destroyed. Tom looks down at Reylesh and he teases her with a smile as the three of you stand in front of the doorway.

" Ladies first. "

Reylesh's face turns red and she immediately shouts at Tom.

" Nuh uh! You go first! I have a physical form to maintain, thank you very much! "

Tom giggles a bit under his breath before walking into the dark room and you immediately follow behind him. As you walk around the room, you can barely make out the shape of the objects surrounding you from the light that's entering the doorway and you come to the conclusion that you're in a living room. Reylesh hesitantly enters the room after seeing you guys walk around for a moment and Tom talks to the both of you as he continues to inspect the environment.

" It's obvious that whoever was here before us was looking for something... "

Tom then stops and stares at a wall before calling out to you.

" Donny, come look at this. "

You walk over to where he is and he rubs his hand down the wall in front of both of you.

" Use your Trap Sight. "

He says before you switch your vision to see the Light and Darkness in the environment around you and you can see that there's a staircase hidden on the other side of the wall that descends down into a basement-like room.

" We just gonna force our way through this one too? "

You ask him. Tom smiles before he asks you a question in return.

" You wanna do the honors? "

You look back at the wall and you're unsure of your own strength because the last time you used it was against the Valghul. Still, you put your hand on the wall, press it gently, and the hinges of the hidden opening mechanism unexpectedly and instantly break, causing the wall to fall down into the stairway in front of you.