Chapter Nineteen: Angry Axolotl

"Scott, we literally had a meeting yesterday. I know we have lots of meetings, but this is a bit excessive!" Katherine smirked.

"Well, there's a rather important reason for this meeting, so-" Scott started to explain, but Lizzie interrupted him.

"Wait, wait. Jimmy isn't here yet, we can't talk about the important stuff." Lizzie laughed slightly.

"Yeah... That's what this is about." Scott held up the note from his brother. "Xornoth found Jimmy and took him."

"What?!?" Lizzie said incredulously.

"Everyone knew the job would be dangerous when he took it-" Pearl started, but Lizzie interrupted her.

"We have to get him back! He's my little brother! I'm supposed to protect him! Who knows what that demon could be doing to him right now!" Lizzie burst out.

"We're definitely getting him back. We'll also need to get back the Rune Blade, since Xornoth has that too." Scott said.

"What's the Rune Blade?" Gem asked.

"It's a magic sword with the ability to perma-kill." That was a little simplified, but Scott didn't want to explain exactly what it did.

"He has that and my brother?!" Lizzie looked furious.

"Yes, and he's threatening to kill Jimmy with it if we go anywhere near the Ender portal." Scott sighed.

"What?!? Oh, my gosh. I'm gonna kill him. I don't care that you'll die. If he even just touches my little brother I will kill him." Lizzie snarled.

"Lizzie, Lizzie. We're gonna get Jimmy out. We won't leave him there, and we won't go to the End unless we have him out. His people would revolt if he died, and he's also our friend. So, we're getting him out, unless anyone has a problem with that?" Pearl glanced around the room, and the look in her eyes would have stilled any objections, had there been any.

"We better do it fast." Lizzie growled. "He's my brother, and I don't want him hurt." She crossed her arms and glared at the ground.

"Where is he, though?" Joel asked. "He could be in Mythland, or the Lost Empire, or that really far away place, the one where he was defeated before."

"You're right... Uh, Scott, you're the one who got the message. Do you know where Jimmy is?" Katherine asked.

"No. Xornoth isn't dumb enough to tell us where he's keeping his prisoner." Scott replied.

"How are we gonna find him then?" Gem asked.

"Um, my dogs!" Shubble offered. "If we have something of his, then they can track him."

"I can find something of his. All his things are in my empire right now." Lizzie said.

"Okay. So, Lizzie: You send something of Jimmy's to Shubble, she gets her dogs to track him to wherever he is, then she comes back, we all meet in the Ocean Empire, and we go get Jimmy back. Does that work?" Pearl looked around for confirmation.

"Uh, I might not be able to find out exactly where Jimmy is, because I don't want to endanger my dogs." Shubble said.

"That's fine. We can probably all split up and find him. Dogs can perma-die much more easily than we can." Pearl responded.

"Except Xornoth has the Rune Blade. He can perma-kill us with it, so we should bring a way to kill ourselves in a non-perma-death way. Potions of harming, maybe some poison? And, by the way, the Rune Blade is a big white broadsword with blue runes engraved on it." Scott clarified.

"Okay. I think that's everything, so, meeting adjourned." Pearl turned and left the great hall.

Scott turned to head up the stairs to his room once most of the others had left, but Lizzie caught his arm.

"Scott. I've seen the way you've been looking at my brother-"

Scott panicked and interrupted her. "What are you talking about?" Lizzie was very protective of Jimmy, and if she knew about Scott's crush, depending on what she thought of him, it might not end well.

"Don't give me that. I was there when we got stuck in my empire. It was obvious. You care about Jimmy, as much as I do, so you have to do everything you can to get him out. Everything. I will literally kill you if anything happens to him." She pulled back. "Anyways, I think you would be cute together, so once we get through this, you have my permission to date my brother."

With that, Lizzie left, and Scott was alone.

"Okay." He said to the air. "That was... Interesting."

~*~

"Mythland. Jimmy's in Mythland." Shubble informed the gathered emperors and empresses. "I couldn't get far enough in to get more information, since Sausage has lots of guards and I didn't want to get caught. Then you wouldn't even have my dogs to track him."

"Well, we know where he is, and we're gonna need to find him as well as get out, so let's get going!" Lizzie gestured in the general direction of her Nether portal.

The rulers of Empires filed through the portal, ready to get their friend back.