17

( 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 ! )
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
BRIEF RECOVERY!

( 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 ! )CHAPTER SEVENTEENBRIEF RECOVERY!

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Solvi woke early in the morning, just as the sun was rising with the dawn above the land, peeking out through the overcast clouds often associated with the small dreary piece of land Uhtred and his men resided in the last several years of Rumcofa. Her head throbbed with the sunlight shining in from the cracks of the closed door and a shuttered window.

Solvi groaned softly, snuggling in closer to the warmth that weighed her down in the bed, until she seemed to slowly come to her senses. What was weighing her down?

Opening her eyes, against the protest of exhaustion and pain in her body, Solvi looked down and saw under the warm covers and fur of her bed, lay a body on top of her, a familiar mop of dark hair, a pretty face characteristic of the Wessex royal line buried into the pillow beside her own head, strong arms wrapped around her slender body, and she could feel his legs tangled with her own. His chest was pressed against her own, pushing down against her into the bed, and she felt any and all worries or anxiety fade away.

She wasn't sure what Aethelstan was doing in her bed, or remember much of anything from before she had fallen asleep apparently, but Solvi held no complaints as she closed her eyes and shifted into him more again, embracing the weight and warmth of his body as it lulled her back into her slumber.

Hopefully her headache will be gone by the time she falls asleep again.

However, within an hour, it was Aethelstan who awoke, blinking away the sleep from his eyes, as he moved his limbs. He became distinctly aware of the body accompanying his own with the small sound that came from her lips at the change of position, as the cold seeped into their bed from the shifting furs and blanket.

Aethelstan blinked, bewildered, at the sight of Solvi underneath him. His face heated up against his will, blood rushing to his head. She was beautiful, even stained in dried mud and blood from the events of the hunt the night before. Her peaceful sleeping face scrunched up as Aethelstan sat up, missing the warmth apparently, as she turned and curled into him, pulling him close onto his side as he now faced her in bed.

With the memories of the night before catching up to his sleep-addled mind, Aethelstan could not bring himself to care about the unproperness of their position or the lack of propriety in his actions in falling asleep beside her in bed. He had not dishonored her, only shared the warmth of the bed together, as she was also injured and unconscious. He had remained honorable, and so he felt little shame in his actions.