I Love You • Nick x Reader 🌷🌸

Nick and I have been best friends since before the apocalypse. I was there for him through the relapses, the withdrawals, etc. He was there for me when it counted too, the death of my mom, my depression, etc.

We walked around the farm, arms interlinked. "Where are we going?" I asked Nick. "It's a surprise." He smiled. "I hate surprises." I said, still smiling. "I know, but you'll love it." He said.

We walked up a hill, and sat under a tree. It was the only tree inside the fence. "You know I love you right?" I could tell Nick was nervous. "Of course I do." I laughed a bit confused.

"Y/n, you've always been there for me. Even before, when I was going through a tough patch. I never got the chance to thank you." He stood up slowly. "You don't have to thank me." I smiled grabbing his hand.

"Yes, I do. You made me feel loved. You never judged me, never yelled at me. I'm just extremely grateful for you." He said. I smiled, tears in my eyes.

"When we're apart, my heart aches for you. Cause I love you." He said nervously. "I love you too." I smiled. "So I'm asking you..." he got down on one knee. I gasped and stood up. "Will you marry me?" He asked and gulped nervously.

"Yes! Yes! I'll marry you!" I cried. He sighed happily and put the ring on my finger. "Did you make this?" I asked. "Yeah." He nodded. I laughed. It was beautiful.

"I love you so much, Nicky." I smiled and he kissed me deeply. "God I love you." He smiled into the kiss.

He picked me up off my feet and swung me around as we giggled in happiness. "We're getting married." I smiled. "We're getting married." He repeated back, his smile bigger than anything.