Broken • Nick x Reader 🥀⚠️🪦

The hoard was faster than anyone thought. We all rushed into the storage bunker as fast as we could.

As we sat in the bunker, time running by, it became harder to breathe. The air vent wasn't working. We were running out of air...

"What do we do?" I asked Alicia. "We get rid of the ones who are bit." She sighed sadly. "There's no other options?" I asked. "Not at the moment. It's gonna take too long for them to reach the problem." She explained.

"How do we get people to come forward?" I asked her. "We tell them the truth." I nodded.

Nick's POV

"Look what you've done!" I grabbed Troy by his shirt forcing him to look, to which he refused. "You did this."

"I saved us." Troy said. "No Troy, you killed us." I sighed. "My girl is down there! I will kill you if she's dead. You hear me?!" I yelled. "Yes." He whispered.

"We gotta find a way down there. To save them." I paced back and forth. "There. The fuel. We'll blow it up." I said. "We'll destroy the ranch." Troy said. "Troy! It's already destroyed!" I was extremely frustrated with him.

"Okay..." he sighed getting up and we hopped in the truck.

Y/n's POV

"I'll do it." I stood up. "Y/n, you sure?" Alicia was worried for my mental state. "I'm sure. I can't let you do this Alicia." I said to her. She nodded.

"I'll go first." A man volunteered. I smiled sadly, and we walked into the other smaller room.

As he laid unconscious, my breathing got faster. I didn't think and I did it. I couldn't breathe.

As I took more lives, the less I felt human. The less I felt any emotion... Alicia was right, I shouldn't have done this. I felt nothing now. No fear, no sadness, no worry, nothing.

I finished the last person before walking out of the room emotionless. Alicia tried to grab my hand but I didn't let her. "Y/n." She was worried.

"It's alright, Alicia." I lied. She just watched me walk away.

As time went by, I stopped thinking at all.

After a while, I passed out due to lack of oxygen. I woke up to the sound of an explosion, and lots of gun fire. I looked down at my hands and saw the knife. I walked back into that room and sat on the floor, knife in my hand.

I dug the knife into the skin of my palm. Feeling nothing, but drawing blood. I took the knife off my skin and squeezed my hand tight. Blood dropping onto the floor.

"Y/n..." I heard my name. Alicia slowly walked up to me. I didn't move, I didn't look at her. "Y/n... come on we gotta go." She helped me up.

Then I started to feel it. Fear, and regret. My eyes wide. "Y/n..." I heard Nick's voice. He grabbed my cheeks. "She's in shock." Maddison said.

"Nick..." Alicia called him over. Nick passed me to Madison. Nick walked over to Alicia.

Nick's POV

Alicia showed me a room, there was about 20 dead people inside. "She had to do it." Alicia said. "She did this?" I asked in shock. "She was the only one who would." She said. I looked over at Y/n, she was in a lot of shock.

Her eyes did not blink as she looked into the distance. "Jesus..." I sighed.

I walked over to y/n and grabbed her arm, leading her outside. "Y/n... you need to breathe." I said, noticing her holding her breath. "I can't..." she broke down. "I'm so sorry." She cried. I held her tight as she fell to the ground.

I've never seen her so broken...