Why him? • Troy x Clark!Reader 🌸🌷

I've never been one for romance. But when the world ended and I met him, that's when everything changed.

I was the middle child. The one nobody paid attention to. The only one who cared for me growing up was Nick. Alicia and my mom were too focused on Nick, but thankfully he was focused on me.

But that all sort of changed when the dead came back. Everyone was focused on living now.

We got to a camp not that long ago. It was a ranch. That's where I met Troy. We've been dating for almost a year. He's the only person who truly knows me. But, I can't tell anyone about us. My family hates him. Except for me.

—————————————————

"You can stay." Troy rubbed my arm as we clung together under the sheets. "I want to. But you know I can't." I put my head on his chest.

"I wish we could just... get married... live a normal life." Troy said in a whisper. I sat up, "Married? Troy Otto, are you saying that you wanna marry me?" My face lit up.

"Of course I do. I love you." He sat up grabbing my hand. "Then marry me." I smiled. He smiled and grabbed a box out of his side table, opening it for me. "Oh my gosh..." I was in shock, sitting in the box was an engagement ring.

"How did you get this?" I cried. "It was my mothers." He smiled and put it on my finger. "Troy... it's beautiful." A tear fell down my cheek.

"I want you to be mine. And forever mine." He said. I nodded my head, "I'll be yours. Forever yours!" I smiled, sitting on his lap, kissing him.

—————————————————

The next day I was so excited. I stood in the line for food, the biggest smile on my face.

"What are you so happy about?" Nick scared me. "Jeez Nick. You scared me." I laughed it off. "But, nothing. I'm just happy." I smiled again.

I grabbed some soup out of the pot and some coffee. I went to sit at a table and Nick joined me.

I ate in silence for a little bit before I felt Nicks glare. "What?" I said confused but smiled. "What's that?" He asked, confused, pointing at my ring. "Oh, uh... nothing... i... I found it." I made up a lie, which clearly wasn't good enough.

I watched Troy walk by and smile at me. "Uh, I gotta use the bathroom, I'll be back." I got up quickly, before he could say anything.

I followed Troy into the bathrooms. The second I set foot in the bathroom, Troys lips hit mine. "Troy..." I said through the kiss. "What?" He mumbled, not pulling away. He grabbed one of my legs, wrapping it around his waist.

"Nick saw my ring." I said. He stopped kissing for a minute. "So? I love you. Who cares what anyone else thinks." He went back to making out with me.

I stopped him, "Troy, they'll kill you." I said. He shrugged, "I'll die for you." He said. I melted.

I smashed my lips onto his, and he lifted me up off the ground, placing me on the counter, still in the moment.

He tugged at my pants, and I tugged at his, not caring about anything else.

"What the fuck!" I heard and opened my eyes quickly. "Nick!" I jumped off the counter, pulling my jeans up.

He walked out, looking disappointed. "Nick!" I chased him. "So he gave you that." He pointed to my hand. "Nick, I love him!" I argued.

"Why him? Huh?! Why Troy, Y/n?" He was frustrated. "Nick-" I tried to calm him down.

"No, just... just leave me alone." He said before storming off. I sighed, and began to cry.

Can't he just accept that I love Troy?...