Run • Nick x Reader 🌸🌷

It's been four months since the world ended and the dead started to rise. Four months. The slowest four months I think I've ever experienced.

Being on the run everyday was exhausting. The consent fear of dying, the lack of water and food, and the struggle to survive.

I was with Alicia the day it went down. Alicia and I have been best friends since the second grade. We did everything together. We were basically attached by the hip. We never left each others side.

That's why I was with her the day it went down. We walked home from school together that day.

Now, everything is different. Alicia was distant, but Nick and I were closer. At first, me and Nick didn't know each other that well, other than the occasional conversation we had at dinner if I was invited.

But, Nick and I were so much more than that now. Nick and I started secretly dating three months ago. Alicia doesn't know. No one does.

Nick and I would sneak to each others cabins and hookup at night. Since he lived by himself, there was no fear of us getting caught. Me and him were closer than ever.

I snuck out of my cabin one night to see him. I knocked quietly on the door. He opened it quickly and kissed me. "Hey." I smiled. "Hey." He smirked.

"I missed you. Where were you today?" He asked, bringing me inside, shutting the door. "I was at gun training." I said. "But you're an expert with guns." He grabbed my waist. "I know, but extra training doesn't hurt." I smiled, putting my arms around his neck.

The next morning, I woke up and Nick wasn't there. I was worried. He never left without saying goodbye, and if he did, he'd leave a note. Which, there was no note. I got up quickly and got dressed. I ran outside and saw the RV's lined up.

Then I saw what was behind them. I gasped and ran back inside, packing a bag and grabbing a few guns.

"Nick?!" I yelled through the house. I didn't want to leave without him. But it was no longer safe here. "God damn it, Nick." I said to myself, loading the guns.

I grabbed the bag swinging it over my shoulder, and ran out the back door. I ran over the hill until I was so far away from the cabin.

I desperately hoped Nick was okay...