Addict • Nick x Reader 🥀💉⚠️

Nobody's POV

Nick was an addict before everything happened. Before the dead started to come back. Y/n was his girlfriend. His sober girlfriend. She knew of his addiction, but loved him regardless of it. She loved him despite all his struggles. But now, things have changed...

——————————————

When the apocalypse started, Nick and Y/n were separated. Nick ended up with his parents and Alicia, but Y/n needed up alone. She hated being alone.

A month or two after, Y/n fell into this group of druggies. A bad group. It was there that she was introduced to Heroine. That soon became her best friend.

She was alone in this world, but in Heroines, she wasn't.

———————————————

Nick's POV

I've been clean for over a few months now. I couldn't be prouder of myself.

But, being clean meant I remembered a lot of regrets. I regretted not being with Y/n, and that was my worst regret.

My mom, Alicia, and a few others from the group we ran with including myself, were on a run today. Trying to grab everything we needed.

We saw this big warehouse, we decided to take a look. What harm could be done. As my mom walked in, she turned to me. "Maybe it's best you stay out here." She said, I wasn't expecting that. "Mom, it's fine. I'll be okay." I reassured her. She nodded, and we all walked in.

I saw people, passed out, on mattresses. It was a drug den. I saw why she didn't want me in here. But I needed to help.

We walked around, Alicia was close to me. I looked bed to bed, not knowing why, but I had the most gut wrenching feeling in that moment.

I looked to my left and realized why. "Y/n?!" I ran over to a bed, which laid y/n, clearly on something. She opened her eyes slightly seeing me but not comprehending what she saw. Her eyes rolled back and I picked her up out of the bed, taking her to the car we brought outside, my mom following me concerned.

"Y/n?" I laid her down on the backseat. She mumbled quietly before turning over and vomiting. "Shit", I said to myself rubbing her back for comfort.

—————————————————

We drove back to camp and I carried y/n to my empty bed. I laid her down and covered her with my blankets.

I rubbed her back, hoping that she would wake up slightly sober soon.

—————————————————

The next morning I woke up to crashing in the room. "Y/n?" I sat up, I saw her holding a gun, freaking out. "Woah! Y/n it's me, Nick." I held my hands up. "Nick..." she said in a very dry voice. "Nick." She ran to me, dropping the gun, wrapping her arms around me. She cried and cried in my arms.

I sat down with her on the bed, "What happened y/n?" I asked her, moving her hair out of her face which was covered in pick marks. "I thought you were dead." She cried.

She scratched at her arms and I looked to see black dots. Heroine. "Y/n, what happened to you?.." I started to get tears in my eyes. "I was alone. I thought I was alone." She sobbed into my chest.

She cried for hours...