An explanation?: 16

Amane couldn't sleep. He paced back and forth around his dorm room as his right hand covered his mouth. His lips were still swollen. It wasn't long ago, merely a few hours, that he got back from the mall. Merely only a few hours ago that him and Nene...

"UGHHH!!! WHY'D I DO THAT?!!" Amane shouted at himself.

His face was also still a mad crimson red.

I kissed Yashiro...

Amane thought.

I can't believe I got so jealous I did that... 

Amane went an even darker shade of red.

I even told her everything i felt from high school... I wonder If she hates me again. I wouldn't be surprised. I shouted at her. I was just so angry... How am I supposed to even face her now? 

Amane sat down on his bed, racking his brains.

I really don't know...

-----------

They went to classes as normal, however... Amane and Nene had been completely ignoring each other. Whenever they happen to make eye contact, they blush and look away awkwardly.

I've really messed stuff up, huh...

Amane sighed before walking out of class. Because he wasn't concentrating, he ended up bumping into someone.

"Oh- oh hey, Yugi." It was Akari he had bumped into.

"O-oh hey, Akari." Amane replied.

"Hmm you know I've been meaning to ask... Something happened between you and Nene, hasn't it?" Akari asked.

"You can tell?" Amane asked.

"Well, yeah. You've both been ignoring each other all day. Is it something that happened on the day of the storm? Perhaps your fight?" Akari said.

"Well... Something like that. I don't really know how to interact with her now... Like normal? Because I doubt after what happened we could go back to normal..." Amane said quietly.

"Uh- Well... I'd say, just try to talk about it anyways and try not to worry about it. The only thing you can do now is try and explain to each other what you're feeling." Akari explained.

"Yeah... I guess." Amane said. "I'll talk to her..."

"Good."

"Thanks, Akari."

"Eh? You're welcome, Yugi."

----------

Knock Knock Knock.

Nene Yashiro's door opened to reveal her standing there in some black leggings and a large grey jumper. Her hair was tied back into a ponytail, however some strands were still left framing her face.

"E-eh? Amane?"  Nene asked in surprise as she blushed with embarrassment at the sight of the choppy dark haired boy.

"Yashiro. Can I come in?" Amane asked.

"um- Okay..." Nene said stepping back and opening the door fully.

Amane stepped inside and sat down with Nene on the floor at a coffee table.

"Yashiro I-"

"Amane! I'm really sorry! I didn't want to make you angry when we were at the mall! And also... I'm sorry for what people were saying about us when we were back in high school..." Nene said looking down at the table. "I swear... people were making stuff up!  I didn't like you for a bet!" Nene explained.

"Yashiro... It's okay... I wanted to tell you sorry for shouting at you... And for um- the other thing... the kiss." Amane mumbled.

Nene flinched.

"I won't do it again I swear. I just felt really angry and I let out everything on you. I'm sorry. You might hate me right now but... I hope we can still be friends..." He said slowly.

Friends huh?

Amane thought.

"I forgive you, Amane. And yeah... We can still be friends..." Nene replied sadly.

"Thank you..." Amane replied before saying good bye and leaving quietly.

The truth was, he couldn't bare to just be friends. Not after all of that. But it was for the better... right?

---------

This is short but will lead onto another important part as we near the end! I hope you'll stay until the end! Thank you so much for reading! - Tehya.