Chapter 6

I get a knock on my office door. "Come in."

I was surprised to see that it was Farah. "Good morning," she smiled.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Price wanted to check up on you," she said, handing over a video call laptop.

Shit.

"Oh, okay," I said slowly, nodding as she placed the laptop on my desk. I wasn't ready to lie to Price's face.

"Y/N! How are things going on your deployment?" he asked, winking.

"Good to see you again, Price," I smiled. "It's going great. Actually, I've made some friends and am getting the duty done," I continued.

"Good, good. We all miss you," he said before Soap interjected, "Yeah, Y/N, we miss you! Can't wait to have you back!" Soap yelled before Gaz shoved him away from the screen, waving at me. I laughed and waved back. Ghost, who was just there in the back, gave me a nod, which made me feel...bad?

"I miss you guys so much. Can't wait to be back."

"I hope you've made some friends there. We'll need the connections in the future," Price joked.

Yeah, Price, totally made new friends and fucked a guy we all thought was dead.

"You got it, sir," I nodded.

"Alright, see you soon, kid," Price said before ending the call.

Flashback from Las Almas

We were supposed to raid El Sin Nombre's house, which meant there was a stealth part that Ghost and I had to handle while Soap and Alejandro were inside the house. I took down guards with my stealth skills, and so did Ghost. But then he grabbed my wrist.

"Why are you so close with Graves?" he asked.

"Why do you care? You didn't seem to after what happened the other day," I said, mentioning the kiss. "You could've said something," I added.

"I didn't have to. This is supposed to be professional," he said, still gripping my wrist.

"Well, kissing me wasn't very professional of you," I said, making him tighten his grip.

"Let go of me," I yanked my arm.

He let go, and the earpiece spoke.

"We got El Sin Nombre. It's a she—Valeria," said Soap and Alejandro.

I recognized her.

We walked over to the helicopter, and I saw my old friend Valeria on her knees, surrendering. Once she saw me, she recognized me too.

"Ahhh, Y/N, good to see you again. Never expected you to downgrade to this little war criminal club," laughed Valeria.

"Valeria, good to see you again," I said.

The boys' heads turned.

"You guys know each other?" asked Soap.

"I know her too," said Alejandro.

"Of course you do, pendejo," said Valeria.

"We served together," said Alejandro. "She's ex-military."

"And you two?" asked Graves.

I looked at Valeria. "Old friends," I said as Valeria smirked at me.

During the whole interrogation, Ghost would not stop glaring at me. I didn't care. I cared about going to that oil rig in Chicago and stopping the missile, and that's exactly what we did. Not long before the betrayal happened.

Flashback ended

My thoughts were interrupted as someone came in. Graves.

I was mad at him—mad at him for having me lie to my team, mad at him for making things messy.

"You don't seem too pleased, Y/N," he said.

"Of course I'm not. I had to lie just to keep your little immortality a fucking secret," I said, getting up from the chair and walking over to him.

He watched each of my moves, eyeing me up and down. I waited for him to say something, but he kept quiet.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I scoffed.

"I'm not sure how to respond to your tantrums," he teased.

"Fuck you, Phillip," I spat before realizing I had fucked up saying that to someone whose sex drive is too high, especially for his age.

"When?" he smirked. I facepalmed and told him to get out. Before leaving, he said, "If you need me, I'm right down the hallway," and he winked before leaving.

This bitch is driving me crazy.