Chapter 17

Ghost and I walked through the tunnels. We came across a couple of troops on our way and took them out instantly. He hadn't said a single word to me. It made me feel sunken.

I finally spoke up. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Stay focused, Slasher." He hadn't even used my real name...

"Ghost, what is your problem?!"

"I don't have time for your tantrums. Enough."

Fucker. We got to the opening in the tunnels, and Ghost knocked down the door, revealing maybe around 14 hostages and 3 dead bodies. The hostages looked more scared than ever. I had to do something, so I spoke into the earpiece. "14 hostages, 3 dead."

"Marked," said Laswell. "Price, did you get to the bomb?" she asked.

"There are too many of them. It's taking longer than expected," said Price.

"Clock's ticking, guys." With that, Laswell disconnected.

I turned to Ghost, then to the frightened people. "Everyone, please stay quiet. We will be back for you, but for now, lay low and stay put for your own benefit."

Some whispering began, and worried whimpers came from their mouths.

"Quiet!" interjected Ghost, silencing everyone.

We quickly turned and left the secluded area. We heard gunshots and headed that way.

"Ghost, please talk to me."

"Enough, Slasher. Focus on the mission."

I wasn't going to beg. We marched towards the gunshots and quickly ran into Gaz.

"They ambushed us. Be ready," he said in a hurry.

We quickly got surrounded by Konni troops, and a shootout started. I quickly took cover behind a pillar and shot whoever I saw. We were outnumbered. I took out small knives from my thigh strap and threw them one by one, aiming at the enemies' necks, hitting each one of them. The enemies dropped to the floor with blood spilling all over the place. One Konni soldier slipped on the blood, and Ghost shot him. At this point, I was closer to Ghost, and we were back to back, shooting off the enemies until we were the only ones standing. I turned to Gaz, and he put up his thumbs, reassuring us.

"Ghost, back up here, now!" It was Soap's voice.

We made our way to Soap and Price, where the bomb was, and that's when I saw Makarov.

Gaz charged at him as Ghost shot off Konni soldiers. Things were getting messy; Price and Soap couldn't disarm the bomb due to the gunfire. I turned back to Gaz and saw him on the ground, pinned by Makarov. I stabbed Makarov twice before he kicked my foot, making me fall over, but I quickly got up and faced him.

"И мы снова встретились, Макаров (And we meet again, Makarov)."

He let out a low chuckle. "I thought you were dead."

"I will come back every single fucking time to haunt you, even when I am dead." I was trying to waste as much time as possible. I looked over his shoulder to see what was going on, and he turned around too, giving me an opportunity to kick him off his feet, but he just fell back.

"Try harder, сука (bitch)," he sneered.

I went for another shot until someone shot my arm. Fuck. That hurt like a bitch. It was a Konni soldier. I looked back to where Makarov was, and he was heading back in the direction of the bomb. I turned back, and the soldier wanted to shoot me again. I quickly rolled up against a bench and held my grazed arm, trying to stop the bleeding, and I felt myself getting dizzy. I then felt someone dragging my hair, which made the adrenaline inside me burst. I reached out for my thigh strap and took hold of my knife. I raised it up in an instant, slashing my attacker's wrist, making him scream in pain. He eventually let go of my hair, and I stabbed him in the neck.

Holy fuck, I think I'll pass out. In the distance, I saw Price fighting off Makarov, and I tried my hardest to walk closer. Then I saw Soap get shot in the shoulder, and Price was shot in the chest as he collapsed on the floor. As this scene unfolded, I tried getting there faster, but every step I took, an enemy soldier was there. I shot each one of them. Turning to my left, I saw Gaz and Ghost struggling. I thought we weren't going to make it. Makarov towered over Price's body and said something to him before raising his gun to shoot him.

Soap got up on his final strength and pierced Makarov's throat, injuring him but not enough to kill him because Makarov kicked Price hard and aimed his gun at Soap.

"No!" I screamed as I shoved off an enemy soldier.

Soap was shot in the head.