Chapter 15

We walked through the dark desert and finally came to the meeting point. When I saw Farah, I let go of Phillip's hand and quickly ran over to hug her.

"Oh my god, is everyone okay? Are you okay?" I asked as I felt her arms around me.

"I am fine. We all are, but we lost some teammates..." she sighed, holding me tighter.

"We're moving to an old base nearby," Alex said from behind. I let go of Farah and turned to him.

"Alright, let's get there before sunrise, shall we?"

Timeskip

Once we arrived, we settled in and set up the station. I hadn't said a word to Graves since the ambush. I just kept avoiding him. I was alone in the stationed computer room when I turned around and saw Graves.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked, getting closer and cornering me.

"I am not," I avoided eye contact.

"Bullshit!" He slammed his hand on the wall right beside me. I was trapped between his arms. Nowhere to escape.

Loving him was torture, and I loved it all too much. I still do. This little game we play, there's no winner, but we push each other again and again, trying to diffuse fire with gasoline. Every time I try to leave, I come crawling straight back, straight back into torture. I was broken, shattered. He fixed me, but that glue, it turned into poison. I feel so full but so, so empty. Even though I hate him, I hate him so much, I can't stop loving him.

I finally spoke up. "You keep thinking you're always right and that you are the main hero in your fantasy, Phillip, but in reality, you just keep hurting people that trust you over and over again. I TRIED! I tried giving you a second chance, but you keep fucking up. And the worst part of all of this is that I still love you, Phillip! I love you, and I hate myself for it. And you really hurt me."

Holy shit. It felt good letting this weight off my shoulders, but I might have fucked up.

His gaze softened, and he looked at me in awe, almost confused. "Y/N..."

"You don't have to say anything." I looked down.

Suddenly, he pulled me into a passionate kiss. This one felt different. It wasn't just one where we ended up having sex and it meant nothing; this was far more different, more real. Our bodies connected, and the warmth between us broke the ice. I felt in love for the first time.

He broke the kiss and looked at me.

"You're stupid, you know that, right? I have always had a thing for you since the first time I saw you in Las Almas. It was love at first sight."

I let out a chuckle and patted his chest. "I've known, but I hated you, so it wasn't mutual," I shrugged.

"Now that I know we both feel the same way, what now?" he smirked.

"Don't rush things, Phillip. We don't know what's coming."

A/N - Hey guys!! thank you so much for 990 reads i am delighted! I have alot of motivation in finishing this book but exams are coming up so i'll try finishing it quicker. now unfortunatley some sad shit will happen so prepare yourselves and enjoy!